Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Rush - R30 DVD

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Commreman, Dec 20, 2005.

1. Commreman

Commreman Faith, Family, Fitness, and Frets Supporting Member

Feb 12, 2005
    New Jersey
    I treated myself to an early Christmas present this year - the deluxe version of the R30 DVD!

I've been through it twice over the past week and a half. These guys still rock thier butts off. Geddy's "flamenco" style with his right hand has certainly grown since even the Rio DVD. Is the performance perfect? Not by a long shot. Geddy's vocals are showing signs of wear (is that the right word?). What is refreshing is the enthusiasm that guys this seasoned bring to the performance, and what shows through in spades is that on top of it all, these guys genuinely like each other after all this time. The cover of the Seeker absolutely rocks, and is a blast to listen to. Ditto for Crossroads.

I felt that there was more urgency in the Rio performance than this one, and the crowd was more into the overall show in Rio. The German audiences were more subdued. Another difference is that there are WOMEN in the Rio audience - the German audience is mostly guys (playing air bass!!) The sound quality on the R30 DVD is far superior to Rio.

The bonus CD with the interviews and older videos is a real hoot. Some of the performances can only be described as cheesy, and makes you really appreciate the growth of this band. The interviews are excellent, particularly the "artist of the Decade" interviews and the induction ceremony into the Canadian hall of fame.

As a bonus, the Deulxe edition also came with guitar picks signed by Geddy and Alex, as well as a commemorative backstage pass.

This package is well worth the price. Go get it! :hyper: