rush to tour the u.s. and europe in 2004

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by john turner, Dec 11, 2003.

1. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    last night on rockline it was announced that rush is going to tour in support of their 30th anniversary as a band next year, with around 30 dates in the u.s. and canada and 5 or 10 in europe.

great news! woo hoo! :)
  2. Justin V

Justin V

Dec 27, 2000
    Alameda, CA

I missed the last tour because I didn't have enough money when tickets went on sale (though by the time of the show I did, stupid lack of memory). If they play the Bay Area again, I am DEFINATELY going this time.
  3. NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio

thanks, john
  4. Hollow Man

Hollow Man Supporting Member

Apr 28, 2003
    Springfield, VA
    This is the best news ever. I stand (or type; pick your verb) here before all of you fellow TB'ers on this day and proudly proclaim "I WILL see Rush!"

If someone would be kind enough to post a thread when the dates and locations have been announced, that would be a great favor to me and countless other TB'ers, I'm sure. I'll do the same if I find them first, but I know I'm not the most well-informed person here.
  5. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Cool! Like Justin, I missed them last time due to financial difficulties. Hopefully I can catch them this time around.:cool:
  6. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
  7. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    AWESOME!!!!! I can't wait!!!!!!
  8. seamus

Feb 8, 2001
    great news, I was really surprised to hear this - I kind of got the impression from the dvd documentary that they were almost relieved the tour was winding down - maybe I walked away with the wrong impression though...

perhaps hitting those int'l stops at the end inspired them to visit places they have not been for quite some time; e.g. Europe - of course, I imagine the draw to see them now is as strong as it's ever been after the hiatus as well

saw them 2x on the VT tour, and would certainly go see them again if they're nearby - especially with my current band, we're all devoted Rush disciples :p
  9. Just got the news! Amazing! I'll be sure to check em out.
  10. RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    Three things are sure in this world...death, taxes, and me at the next Rush concert in Chicago!:D

I wouldn't mind the excuse to get up to Toronto, though.;)
  11. Armchair Thief

Armchair Thief Guest

Aug 18, 2003
    Houston, Texas
    I missed them on the Test For Echo and Vapor Trails tours. I shall not miss them this time! If they play my town, that is.
  12. w00t!

Time to see Rush now:)

(Still needs to see Tool:( )
  13. Wow. Thanks for informing those of us too lazy to find these things out for ourselves.

I saw Primus in November. I wonder how Rush will stack up? Shall they pale in comparison to the mighty Claypool? Only time will tell..
  14. Have any actual locations/dates been released? I couldn't find any on their website.

I'd really like to not have to drive the 4 hours to Toronto to see them again... but of course I would in a second.

Anyone know if they're doing the full night of Rush thing again or if they're touring with an opener?
  15. Eric Cioe

Eric Cioe

Jun 4, 2001
    Missoula, MT
    My guess would be "an evening with...."

Neil likes the idea of having an opening band, because that's what they were when they started, but he thinks it'd be unfair of them to play less than a huge set for their fans.
  16. To quote Austin Powers:
    Yeah, baby.. YEAH!!!!!!!! :D :D :D
  17. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    What he said! :D

....hey, are they doing an Atlanta date on this tour? If so - I'm feeling a TB get-together at the same time.

Now that would be a party to end all GTG's!

I'm gonna go see Rush!!!
  19. Haven't seen a list of cities yet, but Atlanta better be on it! That would be great, to get a bunch of TBers from the Southeast together for the show.