Rush tour

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Shaz, May 10, 2004.

1. Im going to see them August 11 at jones beach and its gonna be aswesome. Anyone else gonna see them on their tour? i am so pumped up even though its a good 3 months away. the stories my uncle told me about seeing Geddy in the early 80s are awesome cant wait
  2. By-Tor

Apr 13, 2000
    Sacramento, CA
    I'll be seeing them on July 12th.
  3. hateater

hateater snatch canadian cream

May 4, 2001
    Eugene, OR
    July 6th I believe at the Hollywood Bowl.
  4. canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    May 31st, anybody else going to the Starlake?
  5. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    I'll be at the JB show also. Saw them there on the Vapor Trails tour the other year, and in Glasgow on the Hold your Fire tour in '87 or '88.

There were plenty of people wearing '70s and '80s Rush tshirts who shouldn't have been. Either the tshirts shrunk, or the people inside got bigger :)
  6. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    so far i have tickets for opening night in nashville and august 1st in atlanta. i'm working on tix for charlotte and toronto too. :hyper:
  7. Hey, I was at the Hold Your Fire concert in Glasgow as well!! I was the short, geeky looking kid with big specs standing near the back.
  8. Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    At the risk of dating myself, I saw them in the 80's. I've never seen another frontman like Fingers before or since. He was AMAZING! Running from the mic to the keyboard, and running back to the mic and stomping that Taurus doohicky. I wondered if he was on uppers, because he had energy to spare. Great show!
  9. i'm going to see them at PNC, along with Aerosmith in June and Ozzfest in July. Little busy this summer ^^.
  10. john turner

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    heh. i won't mention when i first saw them :)
  11. Isamu

Aug 5, 2003
    August 22nd here, I can't wait!
  12. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Darn. I can't see them this time. Missed them last time, too. I have a trip planned the same week that they are in Dallas.

I sure hope that this isn't the last tour!:(
  13. Folmeister

Folmeister Knowledge is Good - Emile Faber Supporting Member

May 7, 2003
    Tomball, Texas
    July 10th at the Chronicle Pavillion in Concord. I have seen them many times, but the show last year was soooooo cool. I can't wait to see them again!
  14. danqi

May 21, 2001
    Does that mean Alex can tour? How did that thing with the police work out?
  15. john turner

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    nothing has been resolved yet with alex's legal situation, although they have dropped quite a few of the charges. i wouldn't worry about it, really.

on one hand you have two police officers, that while being recognized as good cops, both have had reminders put in their records that they had a tendancy to be a bit "over-zealous", especially the female officer who supposedly was pushed down stairs - she had been cited repeatedly for going into a situation alone where she should've waited for backup.

on the other hand you have a public figure who was awarded canada's highest civilian honor - the equivalent of a knighthood - because of his philanthropy (rush quietly donated over a million dollars to various charities over the years) not to mention a very public lifestyle with no previous incidents of this nature or of any kind, really. compound that fact with the brutal method the police used to subdue an unarmed man - two tazer hits and a broken nose - and i think this will go away quietly. after all, alex, being a performer, could've suffered severe damage to his career from a facial injury, not to mention the damage from the tazers to his playing, both of which would be grounds for considerable damages should a lawsuit be pressed against the officers responsible.
  16. keb

Mar 30, 2004
    June 26 in Houston here. I haven't seen them since the Counterparts tour. I'm way long overdue!
  17. Don W

Don W

Jan 30, 2004
    East Bay, CA.
    July 9th at the Shoreline in Mountain View CA!!!

This is going to be the first time I've ever seen them so needless to say I'm looking foward to it.
  18. adam on bass

adam on bass Supporting Member

Feb 4, 2002
    New Braunfels, Texas
    Endorsing Artist: Spector, GK, EMG and D'Addario
    This will be my 17th time and hopefully it won't be the last. There really isn't another show I could compare it to. My favorite so far had to be the Permanent Waves tour, I was 10 and it was a birthday present from my older brother. From that moment on I knew it was my destiny to play bass.

Hope everyone has fun. I know I will. I am taking my son for the first time, he's 7 and he digs it.
  19. See ya there! :hyper:
    Frankly, I'm a bit bummed that they're playing outside. I saw them twice on Vapor Trails, outdoors in Charlotte and indoors here, and the arena show was by far the more rewarding experience. Rush, to me, is the quintessential hockey rink band. They just sound so good in that setting.
  20. canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    ...which is currently equivalent to a star on the Hollywood walk of fame...