Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

RUSH! WOO!

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Whafrodamus, Aug 10, 2004.

1. Whafrodamus

Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    Rush show thursday :).. I can't wait! Anyone else going to the tweeter center show?

2. Wild Bill

Wild Bill

Dec 30, 2001
    Boston MA
    I wish, have a good time.

3. Nope, but I saw them in salt lake (10th row :bassist: ) and vegas. You are in for a treat, not only is the set list excellent they also have some new videos that are hilarious.

4. The_major_Rajor

The_major_Rajor

Apr 15, 2003
    Canada
    I'm heading on a 16 hour drive to Montreal for the show on the 21st. Some friends and I bought tickets as soon as they came on sale and we are pretty much in the very front. I am a little dissapointed with the setlist, but ah well.. cant complain.

5. Hollow Man

Hollow Man Supporting Member

Apr 28, 2003
    Springfield, VA
    Just saw them on August 3rd in the DC area... they were phenomenal. Lots of songs that you wouldn't necessarily have expected to hear.

6. jongor

jongor Supporting Member

Jan 11, 2003
    Maine
    I'm going to the Tweeter Center show! :hyper:

Geddy's the man. I've been listening to them since 7th grade.....and that's a long time.

See you there!

7. Whafrodamus

Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    What seats do you have?

8. Diowulf

Diowulf Guest

Aug 4, 2004
    San Rafael CA
    I saw Rush in the bay area, and it was the first time i saw rush, and it was awsome, you should have a great time.

9. Theodeus

Theodeus

Jan 18, 2004
    Sweden
    I have their "Rush in Rio" DvD. Anyone else who got it? It´s a bit sad that the audience sings along all the time, I can´t hear what Geddy sings :D

10. jongor

jongor Supporting Member

Jan 11, 2003
    Maine
    Ummmm, I don't know, my friend has the tickets, he bought them months ago....

11. I have it indeed! But the gospel truth is, youre not missing alot with Geddy's vocals during that particular show...it was, after all, show #70 at the end of a long tour, and poor Ged's voice is really worse for the wear. I just saw them at Red Rocks Amphitheater in Denver Colorado though, and he was on top of his game vocally that night!! And it goes without saying they were all flawless in their musicianship as well. Check out
    http://www.rush.com There are some great photos up from the Red Rocks show!
    Geddy is the man!!

12. davepack

davepack Supporting Member

Jun 16, 2004
    Denver, CO
    Yeah, that Red Rocks show was great!! With the lightning storm over the plains behind the stage...it was like nature put on it's own light show to go with Rush's!!

13. I went to there Power Windows tour back in the 80s.

Providence civic center it was called back in the day. Good seats cost about 18.00 .

Called Ticketmaster for the Tweeter Center show .. Nose bleed seats 50.00 .... closer up front 150.00 , OUCH !!

F#@$%* greedy promoters ... :spit: :spit: :spit: :spit: :spit: :spit: :spit: :spit: :spit: :spit: :spit: :spit: :spit: :spit: :spit: :spit: :spit: :spit: :spit: :spit: :spit: :spit: :spit: :spit: :spit:

14. The guitar mix was too loud and washy I thought, The playing is top banana. Good dvd though.

15. jongor

jongor Supporting Member

Jan 11, 2003
    Maine
    The Tweeter Center show was excellent!

Had to stand in the rain for the second half of the show, which they opened with Tom Sawyer :D

Geddy was great. Excellent tone, gritty, grindy, rocky sounding.

There was this dude sitting near me that was obviously a drummer and a fanatic Neil Peart fan, he "air drummed" for 2/3 of the show, every part!! Every fill, and cymbal crash! While singing all the lyrics too! It fun to watch him.

Alex had the typical stack of guitar amps on his side of the stage, but on Geddy's side there was no amp setup, just what looked like a couple of clothes dryers, running the entire show, and a vending machine..... :meh:

16. Oh yeah! The Maytags! Hahaha! Geddy said that ever since they have gone to the in-ear monitor system he no longer felt the need to run speakers onstage anymore, and the dryer idea started as a result of he and Alex kidding around about what to do with the empty space...hehehe...they actually put T-shirts in them and toss 'em out at shows.

17. By-Tor

By-Tor

Apr 13, 2000
    Sacramento, CA

The Power Windows tour was my first RUSH show.

18. By-Tor

By-Tor

Apr 13, 2000
    Sacramento, CA

From what I remember, RUSH was not able to get a sound check for this show due to the crew arriving late becasue of the weather. If that is the case then the sound is pretty good if not great under those circumstances.

I think Geddy mentions this on the second disk.

Oh yea, I saw them in July, a great show, as always.