Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

RUSH

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by fenderbluesdude, Jun 7, 2004.

1. is any body else going to the rush concert on july 16 in pheonix. well i am with my drummer it will be my first rush tour and it might be there last tour i hope it isnt but it might be its there 30th anniverserary tour and neil has a different drumset hophully geddy will have a bass amp. has any one been to a rush concert around here how was it?

2. Lordie, you sound like me today after I swam laps for the first time in 3 years. Grammar, capitalization, and (most importantly) punctuation help a lot in places like this.

Anyway, I haven't been to a Rush show in Pheonix, nor have I been to one in Phoenix. I have, however, been to one in LA. At the Staples Center, where the acoustics are pretty crap. Or maybe it was just my seat, I dunno, but I didn't enjoy it nearly as much as I would have if I could actually hear more than 1/3 of what was going on on stage.

Oh yeah, my brother and I were the youngest ones in attendance by a good 15 years, I would say. At least that I could see. Several of the people gave us strange looks, but that's ok because we were also giving each other strange looks. :p

3. WillPlay4Food

WillPlay4Food Now With More Metal! Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2002
    Orbiting HQ
    I've seen Rush 4 times and have been impressed every time. I may see them again on this tour but I haven't decided yet.

4. i have seen rush twice. on the vapor trails tour and the 30th anniversery tour, they both were totally awesome.

5. I heard that Geddy's Quiptment List this time out does not in fact contain a bass amp. Alex will however be fully amplified, and Neil will be fully mic'd.

To compensate for this, on this tour Geddy will unveil The World's Biggest Honkin' Bass Guitar, with a 17 foot neck and a hollow body taller than Geddy himself, Geddy will be vigorously jumping up and down on the fretboard. Since this is strenuous work, he will resort to lip-syncing a la Milli Vanilli.

Talking of repertoire, Rush will be performing outtakes from their latest album, among which will be selections from the catalogues of Milli Vanilli, John Tesh, and Mrs. Miller.

6. Rush is good!

7. Anyone seeing them in Concord CA ? Looks to be a good show.

8. juanpauribe

juanpauribe

Dec 16, 2001
    Colombia
    I wanna get into rush, anyone recommend me some songs?

9. thanks guys!!!!

some great rush songs to listen to are anthem, 2112, bastille day, by-tor and the snow dog, la villa strangiato, finding my way, red barchetta, cygnus X-1 book II, the pass, and plenty more, some good cds to by would be- hemispheres, tretrospective, permanent waves, and i can think of some more but there are plenty more cds to buy from rush that you will defenitly enjoy!!!

10. Don W

Don W

Jan 30, 2004
    East Bay, CA.
    Not Concord, but I'll be at the Mountain View show on the 9th.

11. get retrospectives 1 & 2. "best of" type cd's. it's a start. 14 years ago my bass instructor asked me if i liked geddy. i said "geddy who?" he made me a mix tape... yes, a TAPE of YYZ, Tom Sawyer, Jacobs Ladder, and Freewill. 14 years and every single album they've ever done later... :rolleyes:

i saw them on this tour (4th show) in pittsburgh, and other than the freezing cold rain, it was fantastic! second concert of theirs that i brought a non musician, non rush fan friend and this was the second time that "said friend" was very impressed. i also got this friend to watch and get into Primus! i'll be seeing them on the 15th.

12. I went to the rush concert in Nashville. It was awesome, they are way better live.

13. RAM

RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    I saw Rush last Saturday at the Tweeter Center outside Chicago. I've seen every tour since Power Windows, and many tours I've seen two, three, or even four shows. Aside from the awful sound quality in this venue (which, interestingly, is the set for the live CD "Different Stages"), it was the best show I've seen yet!:D

I won't go into details for those wishing to be surprised, but it's a lot more than simply seeing "Tom Sawyer" played for the 13th time...

14. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    Dang, dude! You should have told me you were going- I was at that show, too. I was in section 207, which is "Stage Alex".

What a great show. Nearly three hours of Rush induced awesomeness. The set list was starting to sound a lot like the one from last year's show, and then they pulled out a bunch of stuff I had never heard live. What a cool show.

You're right about the Tweeter Center. The only way to make that place sound better is to bomb it to the ground. Geddy's bass sounded good, though, even without the amps. He still had the washing machines as his backline. :D

15. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    i'll be at the show on august 4th in philly

16. By-Tor

By-Tor

Apr 13, 2000
    Sacramento, CA
    I'm going to the July 12th show in Sacramento.

I'm taking my wife, my 11 year old daughter who is a big RUSH fan, and I'm going to meet a good friend that I haven't seen in 10 years.