1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

For Sale/Trade Russ Laggan fretless V bass

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by satchelbaglio, Oct 3, 2019.

1. satchelbaglio

satchelbaglio Supporting Member

Nov 29, 2012
    Richmond, B.C.
    Price:
    Strings:
    Fretless:
    • Y
    Laggan Fretless 5 bass

Specs from original owner.

• Fretless, unlined, side dot markers
    • 32" scale
    • Hipshot tuners
    • Hipshot monorails (through the body)
    • 17mm spacing
    • Laminate through the body neck of maple and paduk
    • Single truss rod accessible at the headstock
    • Body top is big leaf maple burl
    • Body core is iroko
    • Back back is quilted maple
    • Fingerboard is vera wood (2 octaves and a fifth)
    • Nut is bone
    • Bartonlini pickups
    • Passive electronics in copper lines cavity
    • Volume, blend, treble cut
    • Straplocks
    • Satin finish
    • Weight is less than 9 pounds
    • Will ship with hard case

The neck seems a little thick compared to modern ultra-thin necked basses, but after comparing at GC, it seems pretty average. Overall, it's very comfortable to play. I think the thickness helps with the stability as the B-string is as tight if not tighter its 35" brothers.

The tuners are set high in the headstock and with the through-the-body monorails, you can use long scale strings which is nice as there's more options then having to shop for short scale strings.

It is wearing Diadario flats on it now.
    The fret board was shaped by a local Vancouver Master luthier, Eichi of Shuriya guitar works.
    A radius was added to the board as the fretboard was very flat before.
    Also one of the bridge rails was moved so that the string spacing is even at the bridge. I will add some new pictures soon.
    This is the second time this bass has come back to me and as beautiful as it is and awesome sounding, I am not a fretless player.

The bass is in near mint condition, I would be hard pressed to find any dings or flaws on this bass, It has some natural incursions in the Maple.

I will entertain trades for other high end instruments. Would like to have another Fbass BN's or VF's, Nordy, Newer Music man special, Ball family reserve, Fender Elite jazz.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2019
    LouBass likes this.
  2. satchelbaglio

Nov 29, 2012
    Richmond, B.C.
    LouBass likes this.
  3. LouBass

LouBass Supporting Member

Nov 19, 2008
    Ann Arbor Michigan
    Bass was built for me. This is an amazing instrument if you're looking for a 32" fretless fiver.

satchelbaglio likes this.
  4. satchelbaglio

Nov 29, 2012
    Richmond, B.C.
    Thanks brother Lou, appreciate the kind words. It really is a one of a kind bass.
    In my opinion and from my experience, most basses get better with age and play time.

LouBass likes this.
  5. Green Knight

Green Knight Supporting Member

Oct 18, 2016
    how much for the cat?

6. satchelbaglio

Nov 29, 2012
    Richmond, B.C.
    Some new pictures. B11BD1E7-9784-4917-A321-074F81CCC4AD. 677DF54F-0E53-4838-900A-D403D6DDDE70. E4B42130-9E3B-4DFE-B4E3-904C508AA74A. C9BBCAB5-8CAA-439E-8217-3B46B99DF5A8. 854BA01D-5168-40CD-850C-79880BC0CF28. 1DB9A418-D5AF-40B6-B27E-D1D4B3D09560. BAC9DCC3-3F40-4C07-8471-2E0AB8AA5817. A50E271A-8407-484B-A734-6DCE01C2F63C.

mikewalker likes this.