1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Russian Bassballs

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by MammaryVest, Dec 10, 2006.

1. MammaryVest

MammaryVest

Oct 18, 2006
    Stoneham, MA
    How the hell do you get a good sound out of this? I have had it for two years and can't do a thing with it. People who have it, what do you use it for?

2. shooter_mi

shooter_mi

Sep 29, 2005
    Maine
    Be patient, wait for a moment when it's appropriate for the bass to sound weird and annoying, then kick in the bass balls.

I love my bass balls, but that's really what the thing amounts to, as far as I'm concerned. I only use it in very VERY specific moments, and never for more than a few bars. If people want something they can tweak a lot and ride through a whole song, they should get the digitech or idanez bass synth jobs. If tehy want something where every bass player will say, "weird sound, must be a bass balls," then, you know what. And it's not a russian/usa thing. They sound different, but in the same way a punch in the face from different people will feel different. It's still a punch.

bwanh, bwanh.

3. 00Funk

00Funk Banned

Jul 17, 2006
    Dallas TX
    The first time I bought a bassballs, I took it back to the store an hr. later, and got my money back.

I bought another one a couple years later, and wore it out. It finally broke. I need to get another one now. Its probably my all time favorite effect.

4. Kubs

Kubs

Jul 26, 2006
    Prague
    its great effect but really not "alltime switch on" effect, you must use it carefully and have really patience with sensitivity knob.....
    and when you need get some kind of original sound in song....this one is great