Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Russian Big Muff Pi question

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Beav, Sep 19, 2005.

1. Beav

Beav Graphics Whore

Jul 17, 2003
    Middle Tennessee
    Designer: Beav's Graphics
    My Pi confuses me. Anyone other pedal I've left plugged in overnight has killed the battery, but for some reason I've left my Muff plugged in for 3 days straight and a couple of nights and the battery still lives :eyebrow: Does this mean I can leave it plugged in all the times if it's not engaged?

2. mikeboth

mikeboth The last thing you'll ever see

Jun 14, 2002
    Tallinn, Estonia
    Operator: prophecysound systems
    No. If there's no power switch on the pedal, then the only way the power can be switched on and off is via having the cable plugged in (or not). It could just be that, even with lower battery voltage, the fuzz still sounds ok. Is it still putting out the same output volume as it did with a fresh battery?

Then again, you might have discovered the 'magic battery' that all of us have been looking for, an infinite and inexhaustable source of energy!!! :D

3. Beav

Beav Graphics Whore

Jul 17, 2003
    Middle Tennessee
    Designer: Beav's Graphics

Hmmmm... Can we say eBay? :hyper:

4. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    Are you using Energon cubes?

5. Ive had my russian muff for close to 2-3 months and have it constantly plugged in, and ive only gone through one battery. i think the battery is only used when you stomp it. This might have something to do with it being true bypass? i have now idea, im just guessing... :)

6. xan

xan

Sep 10, 2004
    Perth, Australia
    i have a custom true bypass box that has been plugged in for months and still works. i think that it does have something to do with the true bypass as suggested.