1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Russian rocket fails to reach target orbit

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by MJ5150, Aug 7, 2012.

1. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    http://www.boston.com/news/science/articles/2012/08/07/russian_rocket_fails_to_reach_target_orbit/

I have had my mistakes and failures during the 41 years I have roamed this earth, but nothing I did/didn't do compares with this. I can't imagine the disappointment everyone associated with this project must feel to get so close, then have it fail. Then again, maybe they expect some percentage of failure in this field of science, so it isn't a big deal. From reading the article, it looks like their space program has had plenty of mistakes and failures in recent years. Unfortunate. Thank goodness this accident did not cost anyone their life.

I'm not really sure why I started this thread. I have a passing interest in space exploration. I know we have plenty of smart people around here who know a lot about it, so maybe this thread will spark an interesting discussion about the technology behind rockets and space exploration.

-Mike

2. Webtroll

Webtroll Rolling for initiative

Apr 23, 2006
    Austin, TX
  3. Relic

Relic Cow are you?

Sep 12, 2006
    Robbinsville, NJ
    Failures are part of it all, unfortunately. We've had our share.