1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Russians Retake Ship and Capture Somali Pirates

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Dr. Cheese, May 6, 2010.

1. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
  2. Phalex

Phalex Semper Gumby Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2006
    G.R. MI
    It really is. They had an interesting piece on NPR yesterday. It seems that piracy is now run by a few powerful warlords and the guys doing the actual work are just expendable independent contractors. Several years ago, the guys boarding the ships were the ones taking home the money. Now they get a pittance from their employer, or a bullet from the spetsnaz. Things are tough all over man!

3. bobwhite

bobwhite

Mar 11, 2010
    I love this man. I always thought we and the Russians should somehow develop a way to become close allies....;)

4. Of all the people a pirate wouldn't want to be caught by.

They aren't going to have a good time now . . .

5. sloasdaylight

sloasdaylight Banned

Feb 4, 2009
    Tampa, Florida, US
    No joke.

Something tells me they're magically disappear and Putin will pull one of these:
    pirates.

6. Simo98

Simo98

Jun 18, 2009
    QLD, Australia
    In Soviet Russia, Pirates get Pirated!

Sorry :ninja:

7. I was just scratching my head at this the other day.

http://abcnews.go.com/International...irate-stronghold-end-piracy/story?id=10542278

I don't like where this is going [or where it's been]. :(

8. Naaaaah.

They'll be abducted by aliens ;)

9. K'naan talks about this

apparently the pirates used to help people out, and they just wanted to protect the coast line

but then they got greedy and it became all about the money...............balls

10. RWP

RWP

Jul 1, 2006
    I sure hope the Russians are reading them their rights. :D

11. Yes, I believe a certain Mr. Kalashnikov will be running them through it and providing easy to understand translations!