Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ryan Martinie and the jazz band he plays in

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by lilvampboyx, Dec 9, 2005.

1. lilvampboyx

lilvampboyx

Sep 1, 2005
    Has anyone found any information about Ryan Martinies band or the jazz club he plays in or anything of that sort?

2. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    I've been looking for that for a while, but I've found nothing on it, except the fact that he did play in a jazzband, but other than that, nada :meh:

3. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Banned

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    I also heard he played in a Dream theater style band called Broken Altar before he joined Mudvayne.

4. i wouldnt be surpised at al about the jazz stuff before he played bass he played trumpet and was really into the jazz players and says he is still inspired by jazz and most of his lines are jazz based

5. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Ontario
    Yeah, I heard about him playing in a fusion band called Broken Altar as well. I'd REALLY love to hear some of this, he's such a great bassist. I love Mudvayne, but it'd be pretty awsome to hear him in a more jazz-oriented context.

6. Redhotbassist

Redhotbassist

Oct 19, 2002
    England
    I love ryans playing in mudvayne, his style, fills, and tone.. all amazing, and to hear him in a jazz/fusion would be something else!. hope someone finds some info on this!

:)

7. Tash

Tash

Feb 13, 2005
    Bel Air Maryland
    Not being a super Mudvayne fan I odn't know this for sure, but I recall reading something once about one of the members of Mudvayne (I belive it was the singer) being unable to record with a side project because of label contract issues: i.e. they aren't allowed to record anything that isn't under the Mudvayne name as long as they are under their current record contract.

If that is the case this would make any Jazz project Ryan is in a very low key affair, probably with no recordings unless he got his labels permission.

8. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Banned

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    I mean, the old Skool Mudvayne stuff is well worth a listen...but I'd love to hear him do some trio stuff!