ryan martinie got censored!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Stephen Soto, Jun 2, 2004.

1. Redhotbassist

Oct 19, 2002
    yeah i think its cos of the blood on the picture, they censored it in a magazine, cos it was too 'gory' hehe, ryan rules, not too supportive of his switch from the warwick thumb bass to the Vampyre bass..
  2. Stephen Soto

Stephen Soto

Oct 12, 2003
    he uses both. still the thumb mostly though, i'm pretty sure anyway.
  3. Finger Blister

Finger Blister

Jul 8, 2003

janet jacksons boob at the superbowl:
    "a whole lot of nothing"
    "american's are prudes"

all it takes is some fake blood, and
  4. In Flames

In Flames

Dec 11, 2003
    haha pathetic... whats this world coming too?

Ryan Ownz!
  5. Eyescream

Feb 4, 2004
    Knoxville, TN
    I'm curious if this actually got censored, even in the normally gore-shy European press (differing values and such over there. Sex is much less taboo, and blood and guts is much more than here). Kind of a clever way to spice up and otherwise crappy-looking, run of the mill guitar advertisement.

Galls me that somebody probably got paid a lot of money for designing that.
  6. Stephen Soto

Stephen Soto

Oct 12, 2003
    my bad, can a mod change the title "cencored" to "censored"? whatever. yeah, there new album will be good i hope.
  7. Actually, it wasn't censored in gitarre&bass
  8. Eyescream

Feb 4, 2004
    Knoxville, TN
    Didn't think it would be. So there you go: The ad agency is trying to scoop some of the crap off that pile of an advertisement.
  9. People are so damn oversensitive. If you're 'violated', beat the crap out of the person, don't drag them and everyone involved through the 50-year long process of goin to court, sueing one another..yadda yadda. People are too sensitive.

Courts are messed up anyway. A cop got shot over here 2 years ago..the trial is just now getting under way. I understand the courts are always busy..but still...
  10. Eyescream

Feb 4, 2004
    Knoxville, TN
    What the crap are you talking about?
  11. incognito89x

incognito89x ♪♫♪ ♪ ♪ ♫&#983

Sep 22, 2002
    Royal Oak, Michigan
    I read in the band e-mail that it was censored in the U.K.
  12. Oh, I get it. Ryan went from Metaphysical silver face triangle boy to space alien, and now blood demon? Whoo wee, that guy is a walking bag of originality.
  13. As the wise men said in the Budweiser ads..."True, True."
  14. Redhotbassist

Oct 19, 2002
    yeah right, they made such a big deal out of the whole Censored thing.. even made a bloody website for it!?? anyway yeah, he shud scrap that piece of crap vampyre (no offense to you warwick vamprye players).. but yeah ryknow is stil using his thumb bass, cos on the June photo archive its got him there playing it (back to 5 string) i think the warwick company are just paying him money to use this one aswel... get it advertised more..
  15. Against Will

Against Will Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Big Sound Central

Makes me.....want....

To do what?

Bake pies?...no
    Pet Kitties?...no
    Write literary criticism?.....Yes.

...AND KILL
  16. Nothing. LOL. :D