Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

ryan martinie

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by damien, Sep 20, 2003.

1. damien

damien

Sep 20, 2003
    france
    hello, my name is Damien i wish i know how i can obtain the bass sound from Mudvayne. I have a SVT3 PRO and a Ibanez SR705. Do any of you knowthe precise adjustment (equalization 9...)for obtaint this sound?
    Thank you for all, sorry for my English i'm French
    A+
    DAM

2. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    well...he uses a pair of ampeg 810E's that have been with modded with a horn and drivers that allow the cab to handle 2400 watts...for heads, he uses 2 svt IV's...with a scooped eq (boost the highs and lows, and keep the mids just above zero, for a shallow smiley face), strings are DR longnecks, and of course, they are strung on his detuned warwick thumb basses...compression comes via a dbx 160. his recording rig is a bit different, but this is the stuff he used on the summer sanitarium tour. hope that helped. oh yeah, he uses a really odd right hand attack that contributes to his sound, as well. can you get this with your rig? i dunno. have fun tryin' though.

3. damien

damien

Sep 20, 2003
    france
    I have a 810E and i think buy a gecko bass and at level equlization 9 band, What is the precise regulation?
    Thank for all
    DAM

4. demento

demento

Mar 5, 2003
    Adrian, MI
    Neptune, im not sure about this, but i thought he uses a lot of mids actually

btw, just saw mudvayne last night in detroit, the sound was incredible and ryan was groovin as usual

plus they played goodbye which was incredible

5. jerry

jerry Doesn't know BDO Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
    Hawaii
    I hate to say this...but the best way to soumd like Ryan.......is to practice like hell, he is a badass:bassist: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    he may boost the mids from his bass, but the sliders on his eq were in a slight smiley face from what i could tell...it could also be that the graphic eq was disabled, which is a feature of that amp, and he just uses the knobs.

yeah, jerry...he's badass. i won't argue with that ;)