1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Ryan Wombacher (Bleeding Through) Fans?

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Thunderbird90DB, Apr 26, 2009.

1. Thunderbird90DB

Thunderbird90DB

Dec 29, 2008
    Wales
    Anyone else like ol' uncle ryan?
    I think his playing on "this is love, this is murderous" album and tone was amazing, its a shame hes changed that, but when i saw him on the video for "love lost..." thats what made me want to play bass, so hes a huge hero and influence on me

Fave tracks with him on are
    "Love lost in..." - his little descending riffs at the end of the song, made me air-bass so much!

"Sweet vampirous" -the dirty bass riff he does when the song gets going

On wings of lead - i think hes doing a thing in the spoken word parts, but his sound is amazing, like a giant bass note falling on the world

city of the condemmed - the way he follows the guitars so effortless and clear is absoloutely amazing to me

and i also like his work on the song in "line in the sand" on the album the truth

2. JQ1986

JQ1986

Oct 30, 2008
    Rice Lake, WI
    The first time I even heard of them was when I saw them live with HIM a couple years ago and I was very impressed with Ryan's playing. I was about 10ft away from him and his speed was just blinding. But I really didn't know who to watch, him or Marta:D.

3. Thunderbird90DB

Thunderbird90DB

Dec 29, 2008
    Wales
    ah i remeber that tour! thanks for replying dude! means a lot :) yeh watching him on some videos just shows how proficient he is and totally amazing. i think hes really downgraded his playing recently, just following the guitars, but i love the attitude he plays with! :) martas awesome too! have you heard the first track off the new album declaration? shes doing an awesome piano thing :)

4. JQ1986

JQ1986

Oct 30, 2008
    Rice Lake, WI
    Yeah, I picked up the new CD a little bit after it came out. I think it's a lot heavier than their last one, and you can actually hear Marta on this one a bit more. But yeah, Ryan is one hell of a fast bassist. I don't know if it was just me being drunk or what but his fingers were just blurs when he was playing. But it was an odd pairing during that tour. I kinda figured they were gonna end up being a band like HIM and where me and my friend were was the perfect place for a circle pit to break out. They came out and complete chaos ensued. But my friend and I were the biggest guys there, so the little kids that were there were intimidated by us and left us alone lol.