Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by wezzland, Oct 19, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wezzland

Oct 19, 2002
    Ryknow what a legend!!!!! what do yu think of him??:confused:
  2. Sonic

Sonic Lord of the Grump

He's definately good, and a cool guy to boot. He goes by Ru-D now by the way.
  3. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

Yep, he's no longer, "Ryknow" and everyone in the band has changed their names.

Lord only knows the impact that change will have on the future of music.

What do I think? Ditch the fat-ass, no-talent, guitarist. the no-talent, (so-called), "vocalist" and the war paint and let his ability speak for itself. He's too talented to rely on this kiddie "circus act." I hope he eventually gets hooked up with some real musicians.

The drummer is quite good, IMO.
  4. neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    what rick just said. i really dig (no pun intended) the l.d. 50 album, but i would like to see a different side of these guys. or at least matt and ryan.
  5. wezzland

Oct 19, 2002
    i know he is now called R - uD but i still think of him as the insane RyKnOw!!
    Yeah L.D. 50 was a wicked album!! they are all gud at what they do!!! This next album is going to be wicked! all new style of guitar and even more insane bass riffs! they have had a year to develop their quality and style so watch this space!!
  6. Trick or Treat? [​IMG]

I don't think much of his music...
    But my girlfriend thinks he's kinda' cute :rolleyes:
    in a Goth/Clown/Homo-erotic way.

A Bunch of Circus Freaks.
    With a gimmick to attract young boys.

7. lemonadeisgood

Aug 22, 2001
    Why do you care what they look like?

Oh yeah, I forgot. If they don't conform to what YOU think is normal they are automaticaly freaks.
  8. I dont think he meant that them being "different" is a bad thing, but that it is a gimmick, and gimmicks are stupid.
  9. neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    well, they do look pretty retarded...i like their music, though
  10. wezzland

Oct 19, 2002
    i maybe new to this website but i have been following mudvayne since they started in 1996! they rule! they don't look like feacks its an expression of the human world that we have to live in they do it for the fans and as a advertisment!
  11. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Ergo gimmick.
  12. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Ok, with this thread (must be the 20th one I've seen here) it's now officially OK to like Ryan and the drummer's playing. Caveat: you must hate the way they look and act as though it has some impact on the music while saying/typing that it doesn't. :rolleyes:
  13. RyKnoz

Dec 22, 2001
    hmm... look at my name

14. savagelucy

Apr 27, 2002
    i don't like their music. he may be a good bassist but i just loathe the music. i'm not to crazy about the face painting either, seems like they're trying to hard to be "out-there" or "different".
  15. WildBill

Jul 7, 2002
    Jaco didnt wear face pain.:D ;)
    I like their style of music alot, and I dont care how they dress and what make-up they wear if we werent to see what they looked like we would all probably like their music alot.:)
  16. ryknow or ru-d whatever he goes by now, he is a amazing bassist of the highest level, i think mudvayne will go a long way with all the talent they have. the guitarist is not very talented but he will do.

peace my fellow bassist
  17. Hugh Jazz

Hugh Jazz

Sep 13, 2001
    Atlanta, GA
    I would believe he did when that bouncer was beating him to death (if that story is, in fact, true).

18. cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    i think there's a thread on him in the FAQ. no need for this one when you can just post in that one. thats what i think

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.