Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Chris Brodowski, Jul 29, 2002.

1. I was just wondering if anyone else likes this album as much as I do. I think it is FAR BETTER than Incubus's newer stuff, which is way too
    alternative-y and bland. Any ideas, pro or con?

Chris :)
  2. tim4003

Apr 30, 2002
    Dawsonville , GA
    My first Incubus album was "Make Yourself".
    I was so impressed with it, I bought all the others!
    "Make Yourself" is definitely my favorite.
  3. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    I think we can find room for this in "Recordings", y'all.
  4. S.C.I.E.N.C.E. is also my favorite, followed closely by Enjoy Incubus and Make Yourself. New album is bland except for a few neat tracks.
  5. Orco87

Mar 26, 2000
    I recently got the science album. It is sweet. But I still like the Make Yourself and their latest one. Make Yourself is my favorite, but science is a close second if not tying with first place.
  6. FalsehoodBass

Jul 22, 2001
    Denver, CO
    whether or not you like the new album is of course personal taste. But it is by no means bland. Just listen closely to the rhythms, time signatures, drum tracks, bass tracks, vocal lines, anything. There's a lot going on, its just not fast and loud and in your face all the time.
  7. iplaybass

iplaybass Guest

Feb 13, 2000
    Germantown, TN
    SCIENCE is good listening. Get Fungus Amongus, its also very good.
  8. i love S.C.I.E.N.C.E. when they released Make Yourself, i was like ***??? s.c.i.e.n.c.e. is the best incubus album. all the songs are excellent (they should have put azwethinkweiz on it!) especially summer romance and favorite things. ok, i'm done.
    (alex's bass is the sh*t on that album too!)
  9. AMEN. Falsehood, you may be right, but either way, nothing about the new album "grabs" me in any way. Maybe i'm deaf, lol....."Make Yourself" is ok IMO, but I definitely am really down with the S.C.I.E.N.C.E album....

Thanks for the replies!!!! :)
  10. i have ALL incubus albums, and to me... the quality only went up from S.C.I.E.N.C.E. on.. the other 2 albums were not really " my bag, baby " if you know what i mean.. :)
  11. If your talking bass wise, then yes it is better. If your talking overall, then yes it is better. But no one knew who they were then and I think it's a very overlooked album. I'll ask people if they like Incubus and they always say, "Of course. Who doesn't?!" But they've never heard of S.C.I.E.N.C.E. It's a shame.
  12. S.C.I.E.N.C.E. is a killer album. I am in a constant dilema in which is better...S.C.I.E.N.C.E. or Make Yourself. Both great, unique albums. Fungus is amazing too. Dirk rips it on that album. Morning View is a good album but def. not there best. Too simple and mellow. Look at warning...same riff over and over and just played different. I am more into music that has a little more depth and riffs that has a lot of stuff in a song. It never gets boring. Simple stuff can get boring. And that's how Morning view was to me. I wish they would make a make Yourslef/S.C.I.E.N.C.E. sounding CD. Now that would be awesome.
  13. Hey, you can be bland and have odd time signatures, ever hear of this little band called "Dream Theater"? ;)
  14. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    Science is a great album....Make yourself isn't to shabby...morning view was a dissapointment mainly cause a friend of mine who knows the guitarist of incubus' sister...told me(from her) that they were working on a really crazy album that was as wild as Science....but then they came out with morning view...which is very not like science at all.

a similar thing happened to me with Chili Peppers....a friend of mine told me that they were coming out with a funkier album like their old school stuff...but then the come out with by the way

Incubus(as well as hoobastank) both come from where I used to live (calabassas, oak park, agoura)
    I think my sister was a freshmen when members of incubus were seniors(at the same school)
  15. What in the world does S.C.I.E.N.C.E. stand for? It's been screwing with my mind for so long. :confused:
  16. IT doesn't mean anything. It is open for interpretation. I'm not making that up.

It's like those things you do in first grade when you put your name vertically and make words out of the letters.
  17. lowb

Jul 27, 2000
    London, UK
    SCIENCE is good but Morning view is my fave.

18. 4stringthing

May 10, 2001
    The new stuff is good but the old is much funkier and cooler to me.
  19. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    it is my theory taht S.C.I.E.N.C.E is all about drugs
    redefine - what drugs do for you
    vitamin- pills of sort(I don't know E maybe)
    new skin- effect some drugs seem to have
    idiot box- watch tv as your stoned
    glass- meth
    magic medicine- shrooms
    a certain shade of green - cannabis
    favorite things - drugs in general
    summer romance ( anti gravity love song) - okay maybe not this one...but anti gravity adds a nice hitch to it)
    nebula - acid maybe
    deep inside - your mind
    calgone - isnt' calgone an industrial strength cleaning fluid :D

as for what SCIENCE is as an acronym...I doubt it..I'll bet they were all high and thought "lets make it look like its an acronym for something that will drive everyone crazy!"
  20. Erlendur Már

Erlendur Már

May 24, 2000
    I love that album, it's great!