1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

?'s for Genz Benz reps. (Shuttle 6.0)

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by fenderhutz, Mar 17, 2008.

1. fenderhutz

fenderhutz Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2007
    Harpers Ferry WV
    UPDATE!!!! See posts below.

I ordered a Shuttle 6.0 online from an authorized Genz Benz dealer and they stated after I paid they would have to refund because according to Genz Benz:

Uh. I know demand is high but I would assume these are still being made right?

I was stoked too :atoz:

Just seeing if this just a BS response from this seller. That's all.

2. iggy

iggy

Jan 3, 2006
    Yeah, that seems like an odd response. I too am going to purchase a shuttle in the near future. I have heard nothing but praise for the unit and I don't think GB are dealing with any issues from the shuttle. Maybe they sold like hotcakes and are scarce out there now. At least your getting a refund.

3. Rickett Customs

Rickett Customs

Jul 30, 2007
    Southern Maryland
    Luthier: Rickett Customs...........www.rickettcustomguitars.com
    Yay for refunds. You could always buy another one from somewhere else that stocks em' :p

4. asad137

asad137

Jan 18, 2007
    Minneapolis
    Physicist
    From what Genz people have said here on Talkbass, they are producing them as fast as they can.

Asad

5. hasbeen

hasbeen Commercial User

Sep 23, 2004
    Vice President, KMC Music. Warwick U.S. distribution, Ampeg distribution
    we're shipping twice a week. :eyebrow: Who was the dealer?

6. fenderhutz

Jan 28, 2007
    Harpers Ferry WV
    PM sent hasbeen

7. fenderhutz

Jan 28, 2007
    Harpers Ferry WV
    For those that care it was Music Power on Ebay.

They are an authorized Genz Benz seller and gave me my refund but I just don't believe the story.

The auction closed yesterday, I paid them this morning. They wanted to back out of the deal due to the circumstances listed above AND FILED AN UNPAID ITEM CLAIM AFTER THEY REFUNDED ME THE MONEY........

What a waste.

8. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    They filed the claim because it cost them money to list the item whether you paid or were refunded; filing an Unpaid Item Claim is the only way they can recoup their listing fees. Also it protects them under the current rules about feedback; if you fail to participate in the Unpaid Item process then any feedback you leave will be automatically removed.

Edit: although that shouldn't have to be your business because it was their problem with the backing out of the auction, not yours.

9. basss

basss Supporting Member

Aug 27, 2001
    NY
    I almost ordered one of the yet-to-be-released new Traynor combos from them through ebay. This was about 3 months ago. They never said anything about the combo not being out yet in the ad. They were all set to take my money and sit on it. They did promptly reply to my email and gave me the standard "should be in in about 2 weeks" answer.

10. fenderhutz

Jan 28, 2007
    Harpers Ferry WV
    I honestly think someone screwed up in the Ebay dept when they accepted my best offer on Ebay and they wanted out of the transaction.

11. DumDrummer

DumDrummer

Mar 14, 2007
    South OC, CA
    Do you mind saying what that was?

12. fenderhutz

Jan 28, 2007
    Harpers Ferry WV
    535 shipped :D

But I believe that as a plausible figure since a store in SC is selling them in the 510-560 range shipped. I just think they had another inquiry at full price.

13. USAJO

USAJO

Apr 13, 2005
    This story is very interesting. Are you saying they forced you to take a refund because in reality they accepted an offer that was too low and now want to back out of the deal? Yikes.

14. fenderhutz

Jan 28, 2007
    Harpers Ferry WV
    That's the way I perceived it yes. They still have the 6.0 combos up for sale.

15. USAJO

USAJO

Apr 13, 2005
    hmm well I guess if you agreed to take the refund it's a moot point now.

16. B String

B String Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2002
    Los Angeles
    And who is store in SC selling GB amps at a good price?

17. deekay911

deekay911 Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2007
    Charleston SC
  18. ^^I emailed them- havent heard back yet.

19. deekay911

deekay911 Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2007
    Charleston SC
    Michael is not good with email - small store, keeps very busy. Call him - he is a great guy and will take care of you.

20. Damn. Not so easy when calling from the other end of the planet.