1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Featured S.I.T Strings Unveils New 6 String Foundations Bass Strings

Discussion in 'News & PR' started by TalkBass, Jan 8, 2019.

1. TalkBass

TalkBass News Poster

Mar 12, 2004
    Adding to the company’s line of innovative fretted instrument strings, S.I.T Strings has released multiple 6-string versions of their Foundations bass strings adding to the already popular Foundations bass line.

• State-of-the-art core material that delivers a string that is both flexible and bright.
    • Available in both nickel and stainless-steel.
    • 4 new items available.
    - Custom Light Nickel .030-.120 (FN630120L)
    - Medium Light Nickel .030-.125 (FN630125L)
    - Custom Light Stainless .030-.120 (FS630120L)
    - Medium Light Stainless: .030-.125 (FS630125L)
    • Manufactured in Akron, Ohio
    The new 6 string Foundations line carries the following price: suggested retail price is $50.99 with a street price of $30.

Foundations 6.

2. Systolic

Systolic Supporting Member

Nov 29, 2009
    Madison,Wisconsin
    Now if only they'd make a B string with proper (read: more blanaced) tension. So .130 or .135.

3. wintremute

wintremute mediocrity at its finest Gold Supporting Member

Oct 16, 2014
    Vegas
    Endorsing Artist: Langstrom Carrot Farms
    Anyone here use SIT strings? Any general feedback?

4. I tried a set once about 12 years ago. I think they were called something like fretmasters. I don’t remember too much other than that they seemed to keep their tone for quite a long time.

wintremute likes this.

5. i used them exclusively for many years. They are by far my favorite roundwound strings. they last long and really do hold their pitch better than other more common strings. IMO they are all around a higher quality string than average other choices like DR, Rotosound, D'addario, ernie ball, etc.

I was using right brights on 35.5" 6 string basses. stainless. Killer sound.

wintremute likes this.
  6. micguy

micguy

May 17, 2011
    I ise their Powerwounds. Good nickels, available in singles (I use different gauges), last a decent amount of time.