1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

s**t cant believe i lost that

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by basstotheface, Mar 8, 2010.

1. i lost the power chord for my behringer amp :bawl:. anyone know if theres any possible way to get another one otherwise i have nothing but an unusable amp

2. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    you can only get those at any department store in the world that sells electronics.

3. Lia_G

Lia_G

Oct 27, 2005
    Most amp power cords are the same. Also, a computer power cord usually works as well ... available at Radio Shack, etc.

Good luck,
    Liam

4. Rockman

Rockman

Mar 2, 2006
    Hell, maybe even a hardware store! Or a big grocery store! Or convenience store! etcetc

5. do i need any specifications for the cord or is it a sort of one size fits all deal?

6. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    one size fits all.

7. thank god! consider this thread done thanks everyone

8. nealw

nealw

Sep 9, 2007
    Atlanta, GA
    The actual name for the cord is an IEC C13 cord, but most store clerks won't know that.

9. i have a box full from goodwill.....even the hospital quality cords only cost a buck

10. Lia_G

Lia_G

Oct 27, 2005
    Although ... maybe this is your chance to upgrade ...

:bag:

Cheers,
    Liam

11. Gord_oh

Gord_oh Midtown Guitars: Ulyate Pickups & StringJoy Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2008
    Michigan
    radioshack.
    i work there.

12. NOOOOOOOoooooooo... don't start this again! LOL.... :bag:

13. uve got to be joking!!! 2000 for a cord????

14. nato101010

nato101010

Dec 12, 2009
    Ontario
    Perfect reason for a new amp...

15. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    lol...i was thinking the same thing but i didn't want to be mean. for once ;)

16. Pilgrim

Pilgrim Supporting Member

99% of the power cords (not chords, which are musical) use the same connector as a desktop com0puter - you can buy them everywhere from Wally World to hardware stores. Anyone who works on computers probably has a box full of spare ones.

Your Behringer is one of them - all you have to do is look at the empty socket where the cord connects.

17. bobcruz

bobcruz

Mar 10, 2004
    CA
    They do come in different gauges--lower gauge numbers are thicker and carry more current. Probably not an issue unless your amp draws more than a few hundred watts from the wall socket.

18. Find a junk monitor on the side of the road and take the power chord. Just make sure it hasnt rained.

19. fdeck

fdeck Supporting Member Commercial User

Mar 20, 2004
    Madison WI
    HPF Technology LLC
    Power cords breed behind computer installations. You should be able to get one for free.

20. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Dec 5, 2020