S.U.B.-adub dub

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by darkinferno, Sep 5, 2003.

1. darkinferno

Jun 25, 2003
    Hey looking to buy a new bass. I'm wondering what's tonal difference the EB Music Man S.U.B. X01(passive) and Music Man S.U.B. X02(active).?I only been able to the X01 so far(I like the sound). Which of the two is more versatile and who they stack up to the G&L Tribute L-2000?

Want to ska, hard rock and some styles in between
    sound clips welcome
    And all who don't like it can just burn
  2. darkinferno

Jun 25, 2003
    Come on I need some input!
    :mad: :oops:
  3. You made two threads. Go in the one with no replies and click edit and delete post. If you delete the first post it deletes the thread. Moderators have enough work as it is :)

And the "All who don't like it can burn" isn't friendly. If you want to be known as a jerk thats a way of doing it :rolleyes:
  4. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    Another way of doing it is having "Polly" and "Bass" in your name.;)

All I can tell you is I much prefer active MusicMans. Even though I can't stand MM's at all.
  5. ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    I had the chance to play a few of the S.U.B Musicmans today... and I wasn't that impressed.. especially for the price... you can get a Nice Used Stingray for the same price and IMO you get a better bass....

Now They weren't God awefull basses by any means, but I think there are better basses to be had for a better price... Just my 2 cents
  6. darkinferno

Jun 25, 2003
    hey "All who don't like it can burn" was suppose to be a joke.
    :meh: guess I'll try to watch what I say.

7. Are you sure about that? I rarely find a used Stingray or Sterling for under a grand when I'm in music shops.

I tried one out, and I was very impressed with it. Nailed the early 2 band 'Ray tone.
  8. See joking and sarcastic things are usually told by tone of voice but since this is the internet we have smilies. :) :(
  9. ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    I thought this was a thread about Basses...
  10. Aristotle

May 12, 2002
    Easton, MD
    Stingrays are frequently on ebay for around the 600 dollar mark.
  11. Mikemike

Mikemike Miscreant

Jun 18, 2002
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
    But the bottom line is:
    can they sound like a stingray?
  12. Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    Pretty darn close. It has the same pickup as a 'ray. It basically IS a 'ray, but with different timbers, and a manufacturing process that costs much less than building a 'ray. I want one! Bad! The plan is to leave the beautiful 'Ray at home and keep it in mint condition, then use the industrial SUB as the working bass.

PS, get the active. You can use the tone controls to get the passive sound, but it doesn't work the other way around.
  13. Sofa King

Sofa King

Aug 20, 2000
    Rowlett, TX
    I played a SUB the other day and it definately could get a good dub and ska tone that I really loved.