1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

S101 Basses

Discussion in 'Ask David Overthrow' started by daddycool69, Mar 24, 2009.

1. Hello there, i'm new on this site, i'm a beginner and i'm about to get a S101 bass, does someone knows something about them? there's no much info on the net, even on the official site, please advice...thanks

2. I have one of their acoustic basses and I was told they are Samick's from their Chinese facility. Not bad for the low price. I restrung mine with light-gauge flats and it's much more fun now. I use it mostly as a fast "go-to" bass when an idea strikes, etc. It's also been a nice "porch jammer" for those late-night beer-tasting porch sessions. If there's more than one acoustic guitar playing, it needs to be plugged in as the body lacks the volume to keep up......

Josh

3. milothefultz

milothefultz Supporting Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Portland, OR
    I just got a used one from a local shop in Eugene, OR for $75, and I must have found one that was made by a master because this plays better than any bass I have ever played! Fantastic snappy and quick tone and a fat delicious sound oozes out of this bass. Sustain for the heavens and gets a full frequency output. Have a chance to get a cheap S101? GET IT!!