1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Sabbath at Lollapalooza

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by garmenteros, Aug 4, 2012.

1. garmenteros

garmenteros Bass Enthusiast Supporting Member

Aug 24, 2008
    Dominican Republic
    I was there front and center and I'm going to share a few pictures... Geezer played his two laklands, a black jazz, and another black pj. He had what appeared to be 8 410s, laney or ampeg I presume...

IMG_0300.
    IMG_0334.
    IMG_0349.
    IMG_0360.
    IMG_0374.

2. garmenteros

Aug 24, 2008
    Dominican Republic
    Performance wise, no flaws, ozzy broke out the harmonica for the wizard which was awesome, personal favorite moment of the show. I was too close to appreciate the bass and only seemed to really get what geezer was doing in the high register. I figure its got something to do with physics or the like but my friends who were about 100 feet behind the mixer said it sounded flawless and perfectly balanced. Any other tbers catch the show? share your pics...

3. jbednarski

jbednarski

May 31, 2010
    Chicago area
    Just saw a few minutes of the beginnings of Sabbath. By then I was too frustrated with the drugs, drunks and heat so I left early. Probably won't go back today but will catch Jack White tomorrow. WAY different vibe than in years past. I think Chicago's new (liberal) pot law just encouraged everyone to go crazy yesterday.

4. Geezer just got a Hartke endorsement.

5. garmenteros

Aug 24, 2008
    Dominican Republic
    A ton of people had portable bongs next to me and everyone was on a good vibe, at least upfront. I don't smoke or drink but I prefer stoners to annoying drunks anyway and I came to far to let that get in the way. Heat was unbearable though I thought I was going to pass out for a few moments.

6. garmenteros

Aug 24, 2008
    Dominican Republic
    So those are hartke kilos by the looks then?

7. jbednarski

jbednarski

May 31, 2010
    Chicago area
    One beer in that heat and I was feeling dizzy. Looks like rain around 6 pm today. Should be even more fun.

8. Hey, I was there! Maybe you can find yourself in my picture. :smug:

IMG_0874s.

9. funkytoe

funkytoe Supporting Member

Jan 17, 2008
    Northern California
    Who was on drums? That's not Bill Ward and not Mike Bordin (Ozzy/Faith No More) who drummed for Sabbath the last time Ward quit.

Sorry to derail the thread. Just curious.

10. bmb73

bmb73

Aug 7, 2010
    San Diego
    Cool pics! Not to rag on you all who snapped those photos, but i'm curious how many people spent the entire set either taping the show or taking with their phones. Seems like a huge waste to me.

11. Phantasm

Phantasm I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For.

Sep 16, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Blabbermouth.net reported that Tommy Clufetos (Ted Nugent, Alice Cooper, Rob Zombie, Ozzy's Touring Band) will be drumming.

12. funkytoe

funkytoe Supporting Member

Jan 17, 2008
    Northern California
    Nice. Thanks for the reply.

13. You didn't see Black Sabbath....you saw three guys who used to be in Sabbath and a session metal drummer who has worked with some big names. "Yoko" Osbourne ruined any real Sabbath reunion, just like she has destroyed Ozzy's solo career, at least as far as making any good music anymore. And before anyone takes me to task do some research first. Yoko Osbourne is a greedy, money hungry snake in the grass; she'll probably sue me for stating my opinion.