Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Sabbath-NIB

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by basswilli, Jan 20, 2002.

1. Hey, I've been searching literally everywhere for the original studio version of N.I.B. by Black Sabbath everywhere online. However, the only things that I have been able to find are covers that don't have the intro. Are there any websites that have it?

2. Buy the album. It's worth it.

3. Thanks, that is exactly what I asked for.;)

4. im not sure of this, but i think hal leanard has a sabbath bass book available with nib in it. not sure of the intro though.

5. Hategear

Hategear Workin' hard at hardly workin'.

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    Have you tried the WinMX (www.winmx.com) or Morpheus (www.musiccity.com) file sharing programs? When searching for a particular song, try to narrow your search to specifically bring up the Black Sabbath version. Choose to download the one with the most common running time and you should be set!

Good luck!

6. BlackGeezer

BlackGeezer

Aug 21, 2001
    order the album offline and find out that nib is actually a 4th section to a huge song called "behind the wall off sleep". the song is better with the whole thing. the rest of the album is awsome and you should be able to figure out the intro solo "bassically" by ear. its using all notes in your penatonic.

7. I've read all the topic's messages, and it makes me think about one thing. I've heard a couple of days ago the cover of nib by primus, and i want to know if Les plays on a fourth or on a six string....

thanks

8. thanks
    the only reason I asked this question is to find out how to use my wah with the song. I already know how to play it with the bass, but I just got a wah pedal a couple weeks ago. My friend made me realize that I could play it the right way now since I had the pedal. So just an mp3 of the song is all I am looking for. :(