Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Sabbath reunion tour with Dio...

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Barfly, Jan 14, 2006.

1. Barfly

Barfly

Dec 27, 2000
    GTA, Canada
    I'd love to see Sabbath do a reunion "Live Evil" with Dio. That would freakin' rock! Heaven and Hell and Mob Rules are some of Sabbath's best work.

Saw Sabbath reunion in '98 @ Skydome (Pantera opened..awesome!) and it is one of the best shows I have ever heard. They were super tight. Ozzie was a bit of an eejit theatrically but the band rocked.

2. d8g3jdh

d8g3jdh Guest

Aug 9, 2005
    meh, sabbath with ozzy is better, but really seeing sabbath in the early days was the way to go. before ozzy went insane.

3. Geezerman

Geezerman

Nov 28, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    I think ozzy-era sabbath had better music, but Dio is great on vocals.

4. AxtoOx

AxtoOx

Nov 12, 2005
    Duncan, Okla.
    Yeah I remeber when Ozzy could speak english too.
    Sabbath w/ Dio? Been there done that got a T-shirt, what's next.

5. Barfly

Barfly

Dec 27, 2000
    GTA, Canada
    Come on....

E5150/Mob Rules, Wishing Well, Lady Evil, Heaven and Hell...some of the best Sab ever

6. I dig Sabbath with both Ozzy and Dio. I like to think of both versions of the band having different sounds. Ozzy Sabbath was sludgy, doomy, proggish, and rooted in jazz like improvisations. Dio Sabbath was like many hard rock/metal bands of the late 70s early 80s. But they were among the best in that genralization.

7. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    :spit: :spit: :spit: :spit: :spit: :spit: :spit: :spit: :spit:

That's all I gotsta say

8. Barfly

Barfly

Dec 27, 2000
    GTA, Canada
    Well. looks like Matt is not inclined...

I love all Sab but Dio era was heavy sh*t. Iommi really opened up.

My point is, if they did a THAT era reunion, it would sell like ninety!

9. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    I dig Dio era ozzy. Country Girl is definitely one of my top three favorite Sabbath songs.

However I wouldn't pay to see either line-up this far out of both of their prime.

10. I'd probably go see a reunion, as long as the price wasn't prohibitive. I've always enjoyed Dio's work with Sabbath. I saw the band with Ozzy in July, while the Ozzman is obviously fading, he held his own, and the rest of the band was dead on.

11. slugworth

slugworth Banned

Jun 12, 2003
    So. Calif.
    "Heaven and Hell" is a Fukking masterpiece. I'd pay to see that reunion.

Slug

12. Jomyo

Jomyo

Oct 6, 2005
    Redwood City, CA
    +1

I've been a Dio fan since Rainbow and I saw them on the Heaven and Hell tour. I've always felt that this was the definitive classic metal album. :bassist: