Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Sabbath's New Album!!!

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by MetallicadetH, Aug 11, 2001.

1. How do you guys feel about the reunited Black Sabbath releasing an album later this year...I think it's great, but of course it might be a load of crap, but I hope not....How do you guys feel?

2. Boplicity

Boplicity Supporting Member

Metallica Deth, I co-monitor the "Recordings" folder, so I can't move your post, but I would like you to post this in "Recordings" because I think you'll get more response.

I say that being as your post does not specially address a discussion of Geezer Butler, the bassist, but the recording taken as a whole.

Oh, by the way, I would personally greatly welcome a new recording from Black Sabbath. I am eager to see if they still "have it" and I hope they do.

3. A Rock

A Rock

Mar 18, 2001
    New Haven, CT
    i heard its really an old album....not released
    till now

4. brewer9

brewer9

Jul 5, 2000
    What do you mean by "how do I feel..."? Is there something ethically wrong with them releasing an album ever? I dont understand the question.

If the album sucks I'll be dissapointed and if its great I'll be happy. Whether they release an album or not isnt the concern, the quality of the material is.

5. purple_haze

purple_haze

Jun 29, 2001
    London Town
    Well some people may object to a new release in the name of bowing out gracefully, certainly people who disliked thier reunion and comeback tours would probably prefer that they just leave that dead horse alone.

I, on the other hand, cannot wait.

6. Boplicity

Boplicity Supporting Member

I'm with you, Purple Haze. I can't wait until Sabbath releases a new album...if it is truly new, I mean having brand new songs and not just variations on older ones.

7. CaracasBass

CaracasBass

Jun 16, 2001
    Madrid, Spain
    Sabbath happy Sabbath!!!!!!
    :D

8. Acacia

Acacia

Apr 26, 2000
    Austin, TX
    put it this way, if ozzy is on it, it will stink. if dio, tony martin or anyone else is onit, it'll be ok.:cool:

9. brewer9

brewer9

Jul 5, 2000
    Whats not to like about Ozzy?

10. Acacia

Acacia

Apr 26, 2000
    Austin, TX
    ozzy has become a clown. he cannot sing anymore without help from studio effects, live effects and teleprompters. he can't remember his own lyrics and the ones that he writes now are a joke. Psychoman? Perry Mason? 'nuff said.

he had his day, i think he should now stop.

and don't get me wrong, i love old sabbath and older ozzy stuff, i just he stinks now.

11. purple_haze

purple_haze

Jun 29, 2001
    London Town
    I thought the lyrics to that were funny. I mean, he's talking about a TV detective, and he goes "Who can we get on the case? We need Peeeeeeryyy Maaaaaason!"

I laughed out loud hearing that for the first time.

But that's no indication that a new Sabbath album with him on will be bad. Remember that Perry Mason was a solo recording where he had pretty much free reign. I think working with Tony Iommi and having the Sabbath name on the record will keep him singing about suicide and Satan.

Hopefully. ;)

12. CaracasBass

CaracasBass

Jun 16, 2001
    Madrid, Spain
    I don´t want to efend anybody, but the more I listen to Sabbath records with guys like tony martin, the more I like Fieldy´s technic...... please let be serius, Black sabbath without Ozzy is like a bass without strings, almost useles

13. Mr. X

Mr. X

Mar 29, 2001
    USA
    More Geezer to listen to?

Bring it on!!!!:D :D

14. Acacia

Acacia

Apr 26, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Personally, if the only Sabbath albums ever released were the DIO albums, that would've been fine with me. Tony Martin was awesome too, it was just his misfortune that Sabbath was halfway over the hill at that point.

15. brewer9

brewer9

Jul 5, 2000
    I like the Dio era Sabbath too, but Ozzy is the real thing for them. Ever since Dio left, all Iommi's stuff sounds too generic and his arrangements are terrible. He NEEDS Ozzy.

16. benjamintowle

benjamintowle Guest

Apr 3, 2001
    usa tewksbury mass
    i saw sabbth at ozzfest and they did what the say was a new song scary dreams it was slow and really scary sound song.from seeing them live they havnt lost any thing.

o yah one other thing .i only hated one thing at the show they played nib but they didnt play Bassically
    how can you play nib with out Bassically.

when i frist heard this i was like o my god this is so sweat thaqt made me pickup a bass.yah sabbth with out ozzy i cant say any thing cause i have never heard any thing with out ozzy from sabbth.

17. brewer9

brewer9

Jul 5, 2000
    I'm a freak for Ozzy era Sabbath, but you have to hear Heaven & Hell with Dio. Nothing tops that.