1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SABDDI: is it worth boosting its output signal?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Mara, Apr 28, 2003.

1. Mara

Mara

Jan 11, 2001
    Finland
    ...and how do I do that? I have both the SABDDI and Peavey MAX, but I do like the SABDDI more and was wondering if I could use it as a preamp to my Phonic XP2000 (2kW bridged) and get rid of the MAX? I remember seeing a thread about the SABDDI having not enough oomph to act as a pre. I did a search on the topic but couldn't find the absolute truth on this matter. :(

Thanks,

Mara

2. wulf

wulf

Apr 11, 2002
    Oxford, UK
    Try it. If you've got all the gear, you haven't got much to loose - I think there's very little danger of the SABDDI putting out such a hot signal it causes problem with the power amp.

Oh... and let us know!

Wulf

3. GFOS

GFOS

Dec 27, 2002
    Athens, Alabama
    I've run mine just as a pre-amp into an RMX 850 with no problems.

4. thetaurus

thetaurus

May 28, 2002
    Muncy, PA
    the sabddi won't push your power amp to its maximum power. you'd need a signal booster to do that. i think there is a mod you can do to your bddi to increase its output. if that's the sound you want, you could just sell off your max, and bddi and buy a sansamp rbi. the rackmount version of the bddi with an added mid control, and enough output to push your power amp to its fullest power.