Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

SABDDI: is it worth boosting its output signal?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Mara, Apr 28, 2003.

1. Mara

Mara

Jan 11, 2001
    Finland
    ...and how do I do that? I have both the SABDDI and Peavey MAX, but I do like the SABDDI more and was wondering if I could use it as a preamp to my Phonic XP2000 (2kW bridged) and get rid of the MAX? I remember seeing a thread about the SABDDI having not enough oomph to act as a pre. I did a search on the topic but couldn't find the absolute truth on this matter. :(

Thanks,

Mara

2. wulf

wulf

Apr 11, 2002
    Oxford, UK
    Try it. If you've got all the gear, you haven't got much to loose - I think there's very little danger of the SABDDI putting out such a hot signal it causes problem with the power amp.

Oh... and let us know!

Wulf

3. GFOS

GFOS

Dec 27, 2002
    Athens, Alabama
    I've run mine just as a pre-amp into an RMX 850 with no problems.

4. thetaurus

thetaurus

May 28, 2002
    Muncy, PA
    the sabddi won't push your power amp to its maximum power. you'd need a signal booster to do that. i think there is a mod you can do to your bddi to increase its output. if that's the sound you want, you could just sell off your max, and bddi and buy a sansamp rbi. the rackmount version of the bddi with an added mid control, and enough output to push your power amp to its fullest power.