Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

SABDDI output question

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Rumzini, Jan 23, 2006.

1. Rumzini

Rumzini

Feb 14, 2004
    Jackson, MI
    My signal chain is like this.

Bass>Tuner> then split by Y cable>Effects>Peavey Pre>Amp>410
    >BMax>Amp>212
    This is done so that when I engage my wah there is no notice of the bottom end fall out because the BMax/212 is carrying that like a dream. Howver I'm just sick of the Peavey tube pre and want something different...just not getting the tone of course.

My question is if I replace it with a BDDI...where would I put it in the signal cahin with the effects? Before, after???

Also It seem that there is several outputs on the unit. Would I be able to scrap the Y cable for splitting? Would I be able to have the BDDI carry the effects path and have a seperate unnaffected signal go to the BMax for the lows?

Any help is appreciated...nobody around here carries the unit, and theres only about a thousand BDDI threads.

2. fretlessrock

fretlessrock Supporting Member

Aug 8, 2002
    Corrupticut
    The BDDI has two outputs. One is just a passthrough, and one is the effected/device output. No matter what you do with the BDDI the bypass output sounds the same. With the other output you get either the same thing (BDDI off) or the sound of the BDDI settings (BDDI on). So it would act like a splitter, eliminating the Y cable if you used it that way.

You could also look into a device like the Radial Bassbone which has an effects loop and would probably fix your setup without having to run two lines to your amp.

3. SteveC

SteveC Supporting Member

Nov 12, 2004
    North Dakota
  4. Rumzini

Rumzini

Feb 14, 2004
    Jackson, MI
    Hey thanks guys. So looking at the Bassbone on the site....

I could run my line in from bass....put my stompboxes on the effects loop. When I want to use an effect I would have to first step on the loop button on the bassbone then on the stompbox...or I would assume that the effects loop button could just be left on. The problem is as soon as I engage the wah pedal, there goes my low end if i'm runnng everything together. That's why I have everything split. Oh boy the price of the Bassbone isn't exactly in my ball park. I was mainly looking for another preamp as well in the BDDI, since it has nothing but rave reviews.

Anyone else?