Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

sabine AX vs intellitouch tuners

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Samie, Dec 17, 2001.

1. Samie

Samie

Dec 13, 2000
    Madrid, Spain
    I have the sabine AX800 tuner for my 5 string fretless bass and I must say it work ok - not great(7 out of 10). I tracks some what when I am by myself, but it is next imposible if someone is playing in the room.

I found it works best with the tuner right on the bridge, still it has a hardtime with the B and E strings.

is the AX2000 any better? what about the intellitouch tuner.

In case you don't know what I am talking about, these are chordless contact tuners that you use sticking them on the surface of your intruments. Great for woodsheding in the bathroom etc. :D

2. Hey Samie, i think that this may be better suited in the misc. section, so i'm going to redirect it that way for you. :)

3. mchildree

mchildree Supporting Member

Sep 4, 2000
    AL/GA
    I have an Intellitouch tuner...they're very popular for use on acoustic instruments, and I use mine on my upright and it works wonderfully. However, it doesn't work so well on electric bass...just doesn't seem that enough of the vibrations transfer through the solid body to get it to register consistently.

4. Phil Smith

Phil Smith Mr Sumisu 2 U

May 30, 2000
    Peoples Republic of Brooklyn
    Creator of: iGigBook for Android/iOS
    I had a chance to use the Intellitouch tuner on my upright at a gig recently and it does work very well, I may just pick one of those babies up.

5. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    I have an Intellitouch, and like it very much. It works well in noisy environments, but can be a bit slow to sense the E. It's a matter of finding the sweet spot on your bass.