1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Sacramento,CA anyone?

Discussion in 'Social Events and Get Togethers [BG]' started by GregBass1979, Feb 27, 2008.

1. GregBass1979

GregBass1979

Feb 26, 2008
    Placentia,Ca
    Anyone in the Sacramento California area up for a meet and great at say a nice little diner or somewhere? How many are game?:bassist:

2. jady

jady

Jul 21, 2006
    Modesto, CA
    Im in Modesto so I am game!!!

3. Totally game!

I tried unsuccessfully for a year to have a NorCal/Sac GTG... I would LOVE to do something. I'm in Elk Grove.

4. Folmeister

Folmeister Knowledge is Good - Emile Faber Supporting Member

May 7, 2003
    Tomball, Texas
    Something to consider: Juan Ortiz at Bass & Beyond said, at one point, that he would help host a GTG. You may wish to speak with him, if not to just invite him and Jim!

5. That is an excellent idea! Bass and Beyond would be an awesome place to have it, as well!

6. GregBass1979

GregBass1979

Feb 26, 2008
    Placentia,Ca
    Yeah I was at one of their clinics back when Steve Lawson was in town last year and had a good time.There's a Brookefield's restaurant around the corner on Folsom Blvd. off Sunrise from Bass and Beyond we might be able to hang at, or yeah..a GTG at B and Beyond would work.Someone set a weekend during the day they would like to meet up, not sure ya'lls schedules..:hyper:

7. TimWinter

TimWinter

Jan 17, 2008
    Saluda, NC
    I would attend.... I just moved from Texas to Grass Valley b4 Thanksgiving. Having a difficult time getting together for jams and I need to network...

8. JanusZarate

JanusZarate Low End Avenger Gold Supporting Member

Feb 21, 2006
    Petaluma, CA, USA
    I'm free most weekends. Count me in - I've got family up there that I visit frequently.

9. evito

evito

Dec 17, 2006
    Antioch, California
    I am free on weekends as well and am about an hr away. Count me in as long as I have notice.

10. i'm down. i'm 2 hours away but count me in especially in like 4 months when i get my valenti

11. Jared Lash

Jared Lash Born under punches

Aug 21, 2006
    Denver, CO
    Depending on when it is, I'm pretty sure I could make it.

12. Jluckie3

Jluckie3

Mar 14, 2008
    endorsing artist Lakland basses
    i just moved from elk grove to salt lake city utah (for educational purposes) but if you feel carnivorous (in the mood for a good burger) try either nationwide freezer meats on E st or Hamburger Mary's on J

13. Jared Lash

Jared Lash Born under punches

Aug 21, 2006
    Denver, CO
    Nationwide is fantastic and so is Fords, but they'll both cost a pretty penny for a burger and fries.

For some reason, Hamburger Mary's is now Hamburger Patty's. Weird.

14. rllefebv

rllefebv

Oct 17, 2000
    Newberg, Oregon
    Does anyone in that area know or play with a guy named Mike Setz? He and I were in a band dog's years ago and I've lost touch with him...

-robert

15. I'd be down for it as long as I didn't have a show or band practice to do....

I recommend Original Perry's as an easy place for friends down south to be able to easily find... it's right off Highway 99 and Mack Road... Authentic diner cuisine, 24-7, huge portions, good prices.

16. evito

evito

Dec 17, 2006
    Antioch, California
    So are we going to get a GTG going or what? :) I've seen a couple of the GTG from other places and some people bring their equipment. It would be awesome if we could find a place where we can do the same in case people want to try out some options before they buy and see what they like.....

Ideas?

17. I'm an hour away-keep me posted

18. By-Tor

By-Tor

Apr 13, 2000
    Sacramento, CA
    I live here in Sac. Wouldn't mind attending if something serious developes.

I actually asked about the name change at Hamburger Mary's / Patty's when I last went in around Feb. The explanation escapes me a this exact moment in time.

19. Boostedrex

Boostedrex

Feb 24, 2009
    Shreveport, LA
    Sorry for bringing this thread back from the dead, but I'm a total n00b on bass and would really like to meet some locals. A GTG or someone who wouldn't mind showing me the ropes a bit would both be cool. Anybody still in the area that would be interested in either/or?

Zach

20. Boostedrex

Boostedrex

Feb 24, 2009
    Shreveport, LA
    Did all the Sac people move or something? Or do I smell that bad? LOL!