1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Sacramento CL- Conklin Groove Tools Rocco Prestia? $480

Discussion in 'Hot Deals' started by funkytoe, Mar 23, 2009.

1. funkytoe

funkytoe Supporting Member

Jan 17, 2008
    Northern California
    I'm no Conklin expert, but this sure looks like the Conklin that Rocco used to play. Is this one of the very rare Rocco Prestia signature models? Might be a steal for only $480.

Not affiliated. Just passing this on.

http://sacramento.craigslist.org/msg/1088653888.html

2. Ampig

Ampig Supporting Member

Saw Rocco playing one last year.

3. lbanks

lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
    Like the bass, really like that case!

4. speed2dirt

speed2dirt

Mar 11, 2008
    La Habra, CA
    Thanks for the heads up! I've been trying to track one of these down for awhile. I've e-mailed the guy so we'll see what happens.

5. Hmm...that's a steal. I'd take it just to have two, but it sounds like he's not willing to ship.

In a rare freak occurance, one popped up on ebay about a month ago with a BIN of $750. Got snatched up first day.

There's only 30 of these things floating around out there. Super build quality, and with its unique feature set you're basically getting a custom booteek-level bass for cheap money.

6. scowboy

scowboy Supporting Member

Jun 9, 2006
    Sacramento area
    That used to be mine (seriously). If I had the cash it would be mine again. The guy is a straight shooter. He told me he'd played it once since I sold it to him a couple years ago. It is pretty much in perfect condition except one small nic on the back of the neck. Somebody give it a good home. It is a production model made in Korea with all HipShot hardware and Bartolini's. It had a very nice Conklin case as well.

7. Did someone here snag this one?