Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Sacrelige: The story of a Warwick Through an Eden for punk

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by bassman1185, Jul 30, 2002.

1. OK, I was at camp last week and there was a talent show there for the campers. I knew about this before I came, so I brought my Warwick Streamer 5 so that I could maybe get a temporary band together and play a cover. Anyway, I did get a band together and we auditioned playing "hello McFly" by a Christian punk band called Relient K. And we got rejected. :( This was almost entirely the fault of the singer, who didn't know the words. But I got to play through the worship band's bassist's Eden rig, so it was cool. Anyway, we convinced the chapel coordinator that she learned the words the next day, so he said that if there was a few extra minutes, we could play.:D So at the end of the show, the guy says that we're going to play, so we're all rushing to get set up. If you've ever heard the song, you know that the intro is a bass solo that sounds cool, but isn't very hard. So I play it WAY too fast, since I'm really excited, so I get the band going way faster than we were supposed to go. And guess what? it turns out the singer STILL doesn't know the words!:rolleyes: But we plow through it, and we actually managed to all end on the same note. But here's the weird part: everybody LOVED it! We actually had a mosh pit going!

2. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses, Hipshot products
    I love rock and roll!

3. Right on, man! Rock (especially punk) is the only genre that lets you make up for talent in volume.:D

4. I second that.

way to go man! my church camp is all girls...no one relaly brings their guitars and i am too protective of mine.

5. icks

icks

Jul 12, 2001
    Charleroi, Belgium
    PUNK RULES !

Even in some of spookie christian gig :)

6. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    warwick+eden=yummy

7. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    just goes to show you that you can mosh to anything.

;)

8. If you can't mosh to punk, what can you mosh to? Well, I moshed to a shoe once, and to dance music a couple of times, but that's beside the point.:D

9. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    Barry White songs!! YEAH!

*Goes into moshing with fist in the air*