Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Sad day for cricket - David Hookes RIP

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Marlat, Jan 19, 2004.

1. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    Last night, David Hookes, former Australia test cricketer, Victorian cricket coach and media commentator died.

Many of you in TB land would never have heard of David, but he was a fantastic personality and great sportsman. I used to come home every night and spend 2 hours listnening to David and Gerard Healy on Sports Today as they entertained Melbourne each night.

In my opinion, Australia suffered a great loss in what were, tragic circumstances which may ring very true to a lot of bass players.

David died after he was punched by a bouncer while walking away from bar. The facts are not yet clear, however it appears that David was struck while getting into his car, he then fell unconcious to the ground where the fall caused severe head injuries.

Anyway, my condolences go to David's family and friends, I know I was saddended by the news.

I just thought I should bring this to the attention of any of TB's cricket fans who may not have heard the (sad) news.