1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Sad Day In the Bozzz Household.....

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ebozzz, Feb 23, 2008.

1. ebozzz

ebozzz Supporting Member

May 17, 2001
    Colorado
    I had to thin the herd. :rollno: A house deal came up short notice that was too good to pass up and I was a little short of cash. I had to let go of three nice basses....

1. 1990 MIJ Fender Standard Jazz Bass (fretless 4-string, J/J Fender Noiseless pickups, J-Retro preamp, basswood body & an unlined rosewood fingerboard)
    2. 2000 Peavey Millennium Plus (5-string, J/MM, flamed maple top, alder body & pau ferro fingerboard)
    3. 2001 MTD Beast (5-string, poplar body, J/J, wenge fingerboard, added a Bartolini HR-NT3Z9BA (Grendel) preamp to this one)

To some of you I know I that what I listed above is nothing earth shattering but that they were all great sounding, fun to play axes. They will be missed... :moment of silence for the departures:

After the moves were made I was left with the following.....

1. 2001 Fender American Deluxe Jazz Bass (4-string, J/J, natural ash body & rosewood fingerboard.)
    2. 2000 Peavey Millennium Plus (4-string, J/MM, flamed maple top, alder body & maple fingerboard)
    3. 2001 Peavey Cirrus (5-string, bubinga top, 2 soap bar humbuckers, walnut body, pau ferro fingerboard)
    4. 2001 MTD Grendel (5-string, J/J, flame maple top, poplar body, maple fingerboard)

This is the first time that I had ever had to make this type of decision and it was hard as I truly liked each of the basses that are no longer here. After the sales and completing the house deal, I spent a little time crying about it here. :D

Overall, I think that I am still in pretty good shape and I feel no urge to GAS for replacements at this time. Maybe the brew helped. ;) Would any of you have decided any differently?

2. fenderhutz

fenderhutz Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2007
    Harpers Ferry WV
    7 basses. I feel no pity for you :bag: :)

3. ebozzz

ebozzz Supporting Member

May 17, 2001
    Colorado
    :D I hear ya!

4. Heheh, good ol' Bozz. I'm moving back to Oakland in three months man... think we should try for another TB get-to-gether before I cut out?
    ~Adam

5. EricF

EricF Habitual User

Sep 26, 2005
    Pasadena, CA
    If I was making the call, I probably would have thinned the herd the same way. I'm sorry for your loss. :(

6. bh2

bh2

Jun 16, 2008
    Oxford, UK
    Wow... those ales look interesting... I'm a Fuller's ESB man meself... superb!

Sorry you had to lose your basses... have another beer.

I would have kept the fretless jazz methinks.

7. ebozzz

ebozzz Supporting Member

May 17, 2001
    Colorado
    Let's make it happen! :hyper:

8. Oh man Charles I saw your post when I signed in. Had me worried there brother! Loss of a few partners for a new home sounds like a good trade to me. Dude, I gots ONE main 5'er, a backup 5. and my old T40. The mexi P adn Yamaha fretless are now my boys axes.

9. ebozzz

ebozzz Supporting Member

May 17, 2001
    Colorado
    I hated letting go of all three but I got over it. After I modified that fretless, it sounded almost as good as my American Deluxe Jazz. Almost......

The Beast and the Millennium Plus were also smoking. The recent posts have got me thinking about them again. Might need another trip for therapy.... :D ;)

10. ebozzz

ebozzz Supporting Member

May 17, 2001
    Colorado
    :) Gene, it's been a few months now and I agree that the loss when compared to what was gained was more than acceptable. I'm sending you a PM now....