sad huh

Discussion in 'Off Topic [DB]' started by lemonpillow, May 3, 2002.

1. man..... sigh... my beautifule maple finish 1981 pbass (my first and only bass of 12 years) and my bran new amp were stolen from me 4 months ago by a friend who dissapeared on me with them. some friend huh. I new him for over a year. i never thought it could happen. and i cry to this day about it. i dont have a bass anymore....
    I am currently trying to take out a loan to buy a bitchin DB cause i play it too (and don't own one) but man it hurts so much i wont let myself think about it
  2. I feel for you man. I had a few basses stolen early last year and I felt pretty bad. A burglar took mine. I imagine it's worse when a supposed friend does the thieving. I was lucky to have had them covered by insurance.
  3. *note to self* find cooler friends

no but seriously man, that bites. theres no way at all you can locate him?? do you know his name or anything?? i'd find that bad mother-shut-my-mouth no matter what it took to get my gear back!
  4. Friend?
    Seems to me this is a police matter.
    I remember when this was first posted. I should have replied then. It's still worth filing charges.
  5. yeah when i posted about finding him no matter what and such, i meant with the help of police, seriously if you have his name or something cant they track him down??
  6. oops,
    this is the db off topic
    my bad

not that it matters i was just complaining. yeah im lookin for the guy. I have good friends, and i might call the cops if i cant find the mother#*%@^!, and no im not an idiot, and no it would take to long to write how it all happend. anyways just noticed this was in the wrong forum. sorry.

7. LemonJello
    The subject is more appropriate here than in, say, Rosin. I'm going to use my full authority as a Moderator to place Off Topic at your disposal for this.
    Now if we were talking about someone stealing your rosin, we couldn't do that here.
  8. thanks Don, I just meant that it isn't a db that got stolen it was a bg.
  9. great news guys. i havent got my bass back yet, but i went back home for a week to help my father paint his house. and he gave me my drumm kit that he had. he had refused to give it to me when i left home and i didn't talk to him for like 2 and a half years. but now we reconciled some of our differences. so he gave me my drums and his acoustic guitar that his father gave him and has had for years. he bought himself a new one so he thought that i could use it. that sure made me feel good. so anyways i still have no bass around but i at least have a couple of instruments to play. and its giving me a chance to smooth out my guitar skills. so ive just been in a great mood since i got back into town on tuesday. anyways thought id let yall know

10. Bessie

Aug 11, 2002
    :( My sympathies.

I know almost how horrible that must feel.

Find that guy and, well, i can't really say here what you should do to him. But, DO SOMETHING. I would hurt him so bad. Geez man. I don't know. That is just so bad. I love my bass soooo much and if that happened....GOSH!
  11. wow i had no idea this thread was still around....:eek:

thanks for the sympathy though. im already saving for a new bass;)