Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Sad... my MTD 635 is for sale..i guess im just a better 5 player

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by adrian garcia, Aug 17, 2002.

1. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    Endorsing Artist: Nordy Basses, Schroeder Cabs, Gallien Krueger Amps
    i know, i know.. its KILLING me- but i just sound better on a 5 - had a long talk with Mike - he agreed i should do it if i feel better on a five- so i am ordering a new 535 and letting my baby go-
    the ad is in " basses for sale", but since many of you are familiar with this bass, i decided to post here, so any interested parties would see it . Sorry about posting in "basses"-
    peace...:( :( :(

2. Bummer! That is a beautiful bass. I wish I was comfortable on a 6 - that one would be mine.

Good luck selling it, Adrian.

Jeff

3. LM Bass

LM Bass

Jul 19, 2002
    Vancouver, BC
    Hey Adrian,

Good luck with your new one. That 6 is a beaut!
    I made a spalted top bass for someone once, but I didn't think it really worked with my body shape. Pretty stuff though. You gonna get that Sadowsky while you're at it?:rolleyes:

4. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    No, no Sadowsky- i cant pay that kinda $$ for one- im loving the R bass, though. Most likely another 535, but theres a Fodera round here tempting me.

5. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    :eek: dude, what are you doing?!? man, you need to keep that bass, let it be a long term project for you.

well, that's my opinion. :) good luck with it, however it goes.

6. BigBohn

BigBohn

Sep 29, 2001
    WPB, Florida
    Yeah man, I thought you should have stuck to it. Ah well, to each his own, I guess.

7. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    i will replace it with a beautiful 5- IF this one sells... its just too much $$$ for me to struggle with it- i still have that Roscoe coming- dunno what will ahpeen with that- but the Roscoe string spacing is a little wider , so it may be easier .. then again- a Roscoe is a lot less $$ than the MTD- so i may play around with that 6 fopr a while- but i want to play MTD- so i have to go 5....

8. BigBohn

BigBohn

Sep 29, 2001
    WPB, Florida
    Ya do what you gotta do, Adrian. That's all we could ask for.:)

9. I agree with JT. You gotta keep it! You'll get used to it eventually and then you'll wonder how you lived without the high-C. I have a 7-string with 5/8" spacing at the bridge and I have no problems doing agressive slap stuff on it. For that sort of thing I do prefer my 6-string though. My 6-string sounds better. Still though, if I can do it on a 7-string, you can certainly do it on a 6! I assume that that is what is bugging you since you should have no problem fingerpicking on a 6.

Keep it!

- Dave

10. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    (me and my basses in unison, chanting)

KEEP IT! KEEP IT! KEEP IT!.

we need to take up a "save adrian's bass" collection. :)

11. JayAmel

JayAmel Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2002
    Aurillac, France
    Very personal translation of JT's reply :

ONLY 6 STRINGS ???

:D ;)

12. WinterBass

WinterBass

May 19, 2002
    Hudson Valley, NY
    Endorsing Artist: MTD
    sniff, sniff........

Sad news. I followed your thread while it was being made. My 535 was being made at the same time. Anyway, just think about how great your next MTD bass will be. I am starting to think about the details of how my future 535 fretless will look. I just have to convince the wife!

13. RAM

RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    And, to think you had a beautiful Fodera in my...I mean...your grips!:D

14. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

Adrian, I don't play 6 either but yours is so gorgeous I'm tempted to buy it and learn. :eek:

Seriously: I know 6+ is not for me. If you know the same, then your beauty should find a home with someone who'll give her the love she deserves. But if you're not sure, then think about it awhile longer... :)