Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Sad News...I Had NO idea.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by masterhiggins, Apr 28, 2005.

1. masterhiggins

masterhiggins

Apr 22, 2005
    I had no Idea that the entire Trace Elliot Line has been discontinued for some time. Such a shame! They were some of the absolute best amps I've ever heard in my life. It's unfortunate that Gibson was unable to/chose not to resurrect their excellence. Sad sad news. :(

-Sam

2. karrot-x

karrot-x Banned

Feb 21, 2004
    Omicron Persei 8
    Uh, Peavey just bought them, they're now making them again and the Peavey team has 0 influence on them. Trace has returned!

I've never played them so I can't comment but I believe they've got a whole lot of hype, hope they live up to it.

3. msquared

msquared

Sep 19, 2004
    Kansas City
    Yep.. it's *been* sad for a couple years now, but it's about to get UN-sad in a hurry. You picked a great day to find out about this. :)

4. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
  5. masterhiggins

masterhiggins

Apr 22, 2005
    Woah. That is really cool. Interesting. I've always liked the sound of Peavey products, but have always regarded them as "butt-rocker" amps, sort of like Kramer guitars.

Either way, this is AMAZING news. This is really exciting! Thanks for the update.

-Sam