1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Sad Observation

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by middy, Jun 4, 2007.

1. middy

middy

Mar 14, 2007
    Texas
    There are dozens and dozens of new threads and replies every day in the gear forums, but only a few in the forums about actually playing, (Gen. Instruction, Technique.)

Just saying. Kind of disappointing...

2. thats because we're all super duper bass players.

:rollno: duh!

3. burk48237

burk48237 Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI
    And because we all understand that having the right bass and amp will make us a better bass player, then practice or gigging. Not to even mention the fact that chicks dig spaltted maple tops and 3 X 10's.:D

4. Poop-Loops

Poop-Loops Inactive

Mar 3, 2006
    Auburn, Washington
    I have a teacher for bass. I only go to the playing forums if I have a specific question and won't see my teacher for a while.

Gear wise, everybody has different gear and can give their opinions. I ask my teacher what he thinks, but someone else might have a different point of view or know more or whatever.

5. need4mospd

need4mospd

Dec 22, 2005
    Houston
    It's not really that sad.

I can tell you all about your SX bass and Avatar B212 because I have experience with them.

Do I have experience with your playing and technique?

6. EricF

EricF Habitual User

Sep 26, 2005
    Pasadena, CA
    I'm good at buying stuff. I'm working on getting better at playing that stuff. I like to talk about things I'm good at.

7. Techmonkey

Techmonkey

Sep 4, 2004
    Wales, UK

I misread that "Spalted maple topped 3x10s"

my ears pricked up lol :hyper:

8. disenchant

disenchant You can't plagiarize yourself.

Aug 9, 2006
    Elgin, IL
    Wow, that must be the most hurtful thing ever realized!

9. JNowiski

JNowiski

Jan 16, 2006
    Fayetteville/NC
    not to mention alot of the general and technique questions that people commonly want to know about have already been answered, and when someone posts one thats already been asked they get told by 50 different people that its already been asked.

10. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Pfft. That's not sad. Sad is watching a puppy die a slow death after being hit by several cars when it tried to cross the road and you are on the other side of a large fence preventing you from going to help it. That's sad. :crying:

11. EricF

EricF Habitual User

Sep 26, 2005
    Pasadena, CA
    You have this vivid way of describing things that can either be coffee-spittingly funny or stomach-sickeningly awful. I love/hate (apply as necessary) it.

12. soulgeezer

soulgeezer Inactive

Jan 29, 2007
    Northern New Jersey
    Endorsing Artist: Red Zone Effects
    No, it's because we all suck, but Guitar Center will sell anything to anyone with a good enough credit rating to qualify for thier card. At 10% off, no less...

Now, where can I buy some talent?

13. DaveDeVille

DaveDeVille ... you talkin' to me ?? Supporting Member

LOL , i've been wondering about the same thing ...
    :ninja:

14. ESPECIALLY when it all goes down in slow motion. And all you can mutter is "N-o-o-o-o-o--o--o---o---o---o----o----o-----o!"

15. Freddels

Freddels Musical Anarchist

Apr 7, 2005
    Sutton, MA
    Growing up we didn't have a forum to find out about gear. All I knew was that if you plugged it in and a sound came out, that was it. Just play.

It gets tiresome trying to convince someone that the circle of fifths is important or arguing how many keys there are or whether a C and a B# (yeah a B#) sound the same. :bag: or could someone tab out Portrait of Tracy for me.

So chicks dig 3x10's? (I already knew about the spalted tops).

16. middy

middy

Mar 14, 2007
    Texas
    Yes. Yes, it is.

Wait, no, this is. But mine is a close second.

:D

17. Also, everyone knows what all the important parts on a bass are called!

Ask a question in Technique, or worse still General Instruction, and it's rare it doesn't get overtaken by very well meaning, and well educated theorists arguing over some of the most insignificant details, in relation to the question being asked at least.

Take my "right hand power chord strumming" technique thread, which is just now in the throws of a "thats not a power chord but a 3rd chord or double stop octave double stop with an augmented minor H3lpM3 over a 2/13 segued refrain....for example (at least, thats how it reads to me)

:bag:

18. middy

middy

Mar 14, 2007
    Texas
    LOL. Good point DC.

19. here

:bag:

20. BartmanPDX

BartmanPDX Supporting Member

+1. Nice. :p

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 7, 2021