Sad Pedal - Onboard Conversion Diagram

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by ZenBass, Aug 10, 2004.

1. Hey,

A fellow TB'er bassaussie has offered me a Sad Pre-amp at a very good price (will not disclose)... Its an Onboard pre-amp that was constructed from a Sad pedal and is currently mounted on a Jazz Bass Plate...

He says that is works fine but there are some problems with it... The Bass doesnt boost that well and the volumne doesnt work great..

Both he and I think its probably down to some dodgy wiring..and since i pretty handy with a solidering iron can be easily rectified...but I think it could also be some duff pots and capacitors that have gone..

Anyway he kindly took some pictures of the pre-amp for me and I have posted them here...

The question is..would the wiring diagrams for the onbaord pre-amp apply to this one as well if i wired it up the same?...

I thought i would ask here before goin to the source....

A new set of decent pots wouldnt cost the earth but i am sure its down to wiring and bad connections..
  2. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    Hmmm, that's interesting. Looks like it's wired V/V/BT. The odd part is there seems to be two DPDT pots on there - you'd only need one for active/passive. Unless someone modded it for series/parallel.

I can't see the wiring well enough to compare, but the wire coloring looks very close to that on the official wiring diagram -

So, to answer your question. It's certainly possible that it's just some wiring needing resoldering. But if I were you, I'd ask to buy it with the agreement you could return it for refund if it's not fixable.