1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

sad sad day for neo's

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by swankfrank6, Apr 9, 2009.

1. swankfrank6

swankfrank6

Feb 5, 2008
    my gk neo410 just came in by UPS, but the box was so badly damaged that the grill and one of the sides of the cab were busted up. so i have to send it back.
    cab sounds great though. couldn't be happier with gk stuff

2. BassyBill

BassyBill The smooth moderator... Gold Supporting Member

Mar 12, 2005
    West Midlands UK
    Sorry to hear that. My own experiences with UPS have been so bad that I actually enquire before placing an order online who the shipper will be - if the answer's UPS, I request that they use someone else or I don't place the order.

3. HogieWan

HogieWan

Feb 4, 2008
    Lafayette, LA
    I've had better luck with UPS than FedEx. Of course USPS is a joke (and people want the gov't to take care of their healthcare?)

4. I work at UPS haha..I apologize on behalf of the company.

5. 60bass

60bass Supporting Member

Apr 24, 2005
    Charlotte, NC
    That sucks big time.

There was a good vid on you tube showing UPS package sorting. Don't know if it's still there but it was pretty scary.

I just ordered up a new Avatar B410 NEO that should ship on Tuesday. They use fedex, I hope I have good luck with that.

Keep Low :bassist:

6. When I worked for a small guitar shop in Tallahassee we used FedEx for everything and had very few incidents. Also I have received basses and amps using FedEx and again had very few problems. (the only complaint is they left a brand new bass sitting outside my door where anyone could grab it!)

7. NWB

NWB

Apr 30, 2008
    Kirkland, WA

I just got a B410 yesterday. It was very well packed and undamaged. Really amazing that I got it in one day!

The guy at Avatar related that they had too many problems with UPS claims and switched to FedEx.

8. 60bass

60bass Supporting Member

Apr 24, 2005
    Charlotte, NC
    I'm in AZ so I'm thinking probably 3 to 4 days. It would be great to get it on Friday and use it at practice Sunday, but Monday is more likely.

BTW how do you like that B410 NEO?

9. jgroh

jgroh Supporting Member

Sep 14, 2007
    Pennsylvania
    I worked for a shipping company just like UPS and Fedex in college (for like 3 days) and we loaded up the trucks...needless to say, we werent careful with anything. If it said fragile on it, it might as well been in chinese cuz they didnt care.

10. I just shipped an amp today, they are going to have to try REAL hard to damage that baby. (Finger's crossed)

11. I used to work for UPS back in the day and we were always told to, "load it like you used a snowblower!"

12. swankfrank6

swankfrank6

Feb 5, 2008
    the thing that sucks is that i have to send it back monday and the backorder wont come in till may 1.

it's so sad having it and knowing i have to send it back. it's like knowing you have to give up your kid or something

13. NWB

NWB

Apr 30, 2008
    Kirkland, WA
    So far, I'm really diggin' the B410 a lot. The speakers still have some breaking in to do, but it's quite impressive so far. It's a very massive sound compared to my previous 2x10.

Keep in mind that my tastes are pretty ordinary. I'm not super-particular about my tone and find the Avatar to really perform well.