Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Sad to see it go...

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by Sal_Paradise, Nov 21, 2004.

1. I'm building my second instrument right now, and I'm close to being finished. The first was for me (it was a hack job, but I love it). Anywink, maybe this is a stupid question, maybe it's been asked before, but...

Do all luthiers feel like they've lost a little something of themselves when they sell an instrument that they've made?

2. tjclem

tjclem Supporting Member Commercial User

Jun 6, 2004
    Central Florida
    Owner and builder Clementbass
    I sure do with almost all the ones I have sold. Getting good e-mails from the happy customers helps a lot though. Knowing they like them and will play them is what it is all about.........T

http://www.s98473082.onlinehome.us/tb/

3. i'm usually just happy to get them out of my face. :)

4. tjclem

tjclem Supporting Member Commercial User

Jun 6, 2004
    Central Florida
    Owner and builder Clementbass
    there are a few that have been like that......t

5. M_A_T_T

M_A_T_T

Mar 4, 2004
    Canada
    "Do all luthiers feel like they've lost a little something of themselves when they sell an instrument that they've made?"

I guess so, but I feel good knowing I created something that someone, somewhere is enjoying, and that it will hopefully survive long after my time and inspire future builders.

...I think it would be soooo cool if one of my instruments went through a "Red Violin" sorta thing. :p

6. Tell me you're not painting your instruments with blood!

j/k :)