1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

saddle height screws for squier jazz standard?

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by tmckenn2, May 1, 2019.

1. tmckenn2

tmckenn2

Mar 15, 2014
    Hey folks. Just got a nice red squier jazz standard for 40 bucks. One thing its missing are the saddle height screws for the bridge. Anyone know what size they would be?

2. akrachanko

akrachanko Supporting Member

Mar 9, 2014
    Western Pennsylvania
    Fender Jazz Basses I believe use a 6-32x7/16" screw. These may, or may not work, since there's a chance it's metric. This isn't something that's documented very well anywhere, so you'll likely have to go through some trial and error.

One thing I'd recommend is looking for a cheap used Squier bridge from one of these basses on eBay or something. People replace them all the time, so it may not be that hard to find one. It may even end up costing less than buying just the screws, if you found them.

3. I would have to agree and just get new or used bridge. Less hassle than searching for the screws.

4. guts

guts

Aug 13, 2018
    If you really don't want to buy a whole new bridge, which is by far the easiest option, try to find a local hardware store. Not someplace like Home Depot, but a small hardware store.

Take your bridge to the store with you and show it to the people who work there. If you're lucky they will have an employee who has been selling all manner of screws for decades and can tell you exactly what kind of screw you need just by looking at it. They might not have it, but then at least you'll know what to look for. If they do have it you'll be impressed when they make a bee line for the disorganized pile of stuff it's in and pull it out for you without batting an eye.

5. Hardware store. If it’s the original bridge they’re metric M3 or M4, never can remember, by the appropriate length. Take the bass or just a saddle to match the threads with. It will be a socket head set screw. Ace and TruValue will probably have stainless ones.

6. CallMeAl

CallMeAl

Dec 2, 2016
    Ithaca Ny
    1) fender saddle screws do not fit squier saddles. The threads on the squier screws are tighter.

2) fender bridge did fit my affinity. I measured that against my squier standard precision bridge, and they look exactly the same.

3) you can get a set of saddles. 1/2 the price of replacing the whole bridge, leaving you with some extras.
    Allparts Nickel Bass Bridge Barrel Saddles (4) for Fender guitars - #BP0025-001 | eBay

4) go squier standard! Love that series. Nice price too.

5) pics??

7. NigelD

NigelD Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2013
    I have extra saddles and bridges if you want. PM me.

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 14, 2021