1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Saddle length screws...is thread size and diameter variable within Fender and Squiers models?

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by CocoaThumper, Aug 31, 2017.

1. CocoaThumper

CocoaThumper

Aug 18, 2017
    Hey guys, I'm thinking of doing a mod projects on a Squier bass. But I'm not really knowledgeable when it comes to saddle screws. I want to change the color of Saddle length screws, but I want to make sure I get what I need.

Do saddle screws vary between models and terms of thread size and diameter? Or are most saddle screws a similar standard size?

2. Killed_by_Death

Killed_by_Death Snaggletooth Inactive

I think all imported stuff is Metric, including Mexican.

3. Affinity series definitely uses thinner/cheaper hardware. I've modded several (for gigging use) because I love the necks, but you really have to watch the small parts compatibility

4. walterw

walterw Supportive Fender Commercial User

Feb 20, 2009
    alpha-music.com
    of course, because it's never easy and always hard.

5. Killed_by_Death

Killed_by_Death Snaggletooth Inactive

Once I bought this beautiful Squier Strat, thinking I was going to swap the body with my Black Mexican Fender Strat.
    Wrong [email protected]!

The bridge holes weren't even the same spacing & the Squier bridge was also narrower.

I bought pots with 3/8" diameter bushings & they wouldn't fit in my Mexican Fender Blacktop bass, because they were Metric sized holes.

6. CocoaThumper

CocoaThumper

Aug 18, 2017
    Dang, I already knew I wasn't going to be able to change the bridge or tuners in a straight swap without some mod work. Was hoping the saddles at least would have been easier.

But yep...like you guys are saying, its never that easy :(.

7. fhm555

fhm555 So FOS my eyes are brown Supporting Member

Feb 16, 2011
    All the MIM bass stuff I've got is American standard.

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 14, 2021