Saddle length screws...is thread size and diameter variable within Fender and Squiers models?

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by CocoaThumper, Aug 31, 2017.

1. CocoaThumper

CocoaThumper

Aug 18, 2017
    Hey guys, I'm thinking of doing a mod projects on a Squier bass. But I'm not really knowledgeable when it comes to saddle screws. I want to change the color of Saddle length screws, but I want to make sure I get what I need.

Do saddle screws vary between models and terms of thread size and diameter? Or are most saddle screws a similar standard size?

2. Killed_by_Death

Killed_by_Death Snaggletooth Inactive

I think all imported stuff is Metric, including Mexican.

3. Affinity series definitely uses thinner/cheaper hardware. I've modded several (for gigging use) because I love the necks, but you really have to watch the small parts compatibility

4. walterw

walterw Supportive Fender Commercial User

Feb 20, 2009
    alpha-music.com
    of course, because it's never easy and always hard.

5. Killed_by_Death

Killed_by_Death Snaggletooth Inactive

Once I bought this beautiful Squier Strat, thinking I was going to swap the body with my Black Mexican Fender Strat.
    Wrong [email protected]!

The bridge holes weren't even the same spacing & the Squier bridge was also narrower.

I bought pots with 3/8" diameter bushings & they wouldn't fit in my Mexican Fender Blacktop bass, because they were Metric sized holes.

6. CocoaThumper

CocoaThumper

Aug 18, 2017
    Dang, I already knew I wasn't going to be able to change the bridge or tuners in a straight swap without some mod work. Was hoping the saddles at least would have been easier.

But yep...like you guys are saying, its never that easy :(.

7. fhm555

fhm555 So FOS my eyes are brown

Feb 16, 2011
    All the MIM bass stuff I've got is American standard.