Sade - Smooth Operater (live)

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Richland123, Feb 26, 2010.

1. Richland123

Richland123

Apr 17, 2009
    Nice bass work by Paul Spencer Denman from the band Sade (also the name of the lead singer)

Sade - Smooth Operater (live)

2. I've got that on DVD... great stuff. I've been a fan since I first heard the tune on the radio when she first hit the scene!

That is a great bass tune from them... but I've always preferred this groove

3. baltimore

baltimore

Dec 13, 2008
    AWESOME BASSIST!!Timing and touch.

4. wcmackin

wcmackin

Dec 29, 2004
    Birmingham, AL
    I've watched that DVD hundreds of times but always wondered what that bass with the F holes is he plays towards the end of the show. Anyone know what kind of bass this is?

5. DIAMONDLIFE1

DIAMONDLIFE1

Nov 22, 2011
    I have been VERY, VERY forunate to have spent "time" with the members of Sade when they are in LA. Paul does live and call LA home, yet also has a home in London. The bass Paul uses as of late is a Gretsch bass. I am not sure the strings, i would assume Rotosounds cause he uses them in his Stingrays. Anything that guy plays....well the proof speaks for itself ......"awesome" !!!!

6. Fretless1!

Fretless1!

Feb 19, 2007
    Denman is one of my favorites. Absolutely solid.

7. lucas vigor

lucas vigor Inactive

Sep 2, 2004
    Orange County, Ca,
  8. Seen them twice...once in 2001 and this past June...love them/her....Band is tight and she is sooo easy on the eyes and ears!

9. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 19, 2021