Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Sadowky bass preamp settings help

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by snap42, Oct 10, 2003.

1. snap42

snap42

Aug 26, 2003
    I just bought the Sadowsky preamp and I really like the sound But; when I rehearse with the band I get complaints about the undefined sound I get.. there's too much bass and not enough mids. So; I need some tip about settings to get a good sound. I have the bass and treble at 12 o'clock on the Sadowsky, and just add some mids (340khz) on my Trace amp. Is this too much?
    I try to get a Will Lee sound.. or a good defined sound. I Have a Warwick Streamer bass

2. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    Do you have the Preamp/DI or the onbaord?

If you have the Preamp/DI, does your Warwick have an onboard?

How are the other setting on your amp?

From what you wrote, I would suggest rolling off a little of the bass & boosting a little more treble.

3. snap42

snap42

Aug 26, 2003
    I have the Preamp/DI and the Warwick has active circuit. The Trace 12-band is flat, just boosting +3dB on the 340 khz.

4. DanGouge

DanGouge

May 25, 2000
    Canada!
    The Sadowsky circuit, as I understand it only boosts, it doesn't cut. The way I go about setting it is to have the volume up but the bass and treble down. I then turn up either the bass or the treble as required. That may be a good starting point for setting it. It seems counter-intuitive when everything else out there seems to be boost and cut, but your most "neutral" reference point with the Sadowsky ciruit is the bass and treble turned all the way down.