1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Sadowsky #2 quiver #27

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by atrapp, Oct 4, 2008.

1. atrapp

atrapp

Dec 4, 2006
    Taichung, Taiwan
    What a fun year (heck and there are still three months left)!

Added to the quiver...
    Ritter Roya, two Benaventes (making three), Clover, Roscoe, 2 Fenders, 2 G&L L2500, G&L L2000. 2 Ibanez Musicians (924, 824), Peavey B Quad-4 and a Washburn Vulture Fretless.

Bought and sold or traded
    79 MM Ray, Fender Geddy, LEJ 4, Benavente VVIV, Roscoe LG3K.

Most recently the second Sadowsky I've owned a M5/24. The first a Jazz style, don't recall the model. I do recall that I just didn't like it at all - for a multitude of reasons that need not be rehashed. However, this bass is far more to my liking. Maybe because it is more of an original, a more modern design.

Is the M5/24 going to replace the Ritter or Benavente as my go to bass (s), not likely but it will see some serious rotation that the Clover Aperion and Modulus M92/5 don't.

The M5/24 excels mainly in tone and well it is pretty light. It's kind of a Music Man meets a Jazz bridge tone. Nice taught tone, good and ballsy, which just misses that deeper tone possible with the a more advanced neck pup. Overall playability is pretty good and the balance is close to right on (maybe a tad neck heavy).

Overall I'd say this is nice bass!

IMG_3002.
    IMG_2999.

2. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL The Beagle Father Supporting Member

Well Toby I can smell your GAS all the way here :p ! Enjoy and all the best to you and your fine family ! :bassist:

3. this is a disease...

Bass Collectosis...

it's incurable, but treatable...

4. puff father

puff father Supporting Member

Jan 20, 2006
    Endicott, NY
    Congratulations. Business must be very good! :eek:

5. atrapp

atrapp

Dec 4, 2006
    Taichung, Taiwan
    Played the M5 at Worship today, balance was better than I thought, tone was pretty much the same as I expected nice and taught low end with a good amount of snarl off the bridge pup. Playability is still a little rough, I need to work the neck a bit, perhaps a shim will help as the B saddle is down on the bridge plate... Maybe send it off and have it Pleked...

All told it is fun to play!

Cheers,

6. We need a family shot. ;)

7. Fender32

Fender32

Jun 23, 2005
    Kent, England
    :smug: Identical spec to my old M5-24.

IMG_1180.

I'd seriously recommend that you get a VTC fitted to it, you wont' be wanting a better neck pickup then ;).

Good luck with the GAS, BTW.

8. Baird6869

Baird6869 RIP Gord Downey. A True Canadian Icon.

Great bass.

We should compare GAS notes for 2008. My year was also crazy. I must have owned 20 basses at some point this year!:eek::D

9. BartmanPDX

BartmanPDX Supporting Member

Glad to see that your second Sadowsky is more to your liking than the first, Toby.

Though I'm a little surprised you bought a second one. :p

It's a sharp looking bass. I've always wondered what those moderns sound like.

10. atrapp

atrapp

Dec 4, 2006
    Taichung, Taiwan
    you got it... although they are all rather bashful!

IMG_3009.