Sadowsky #2151 Available

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by basse, Jul 7, 2005.

1. Please find below the content from the eBay listing that started today (no, no link since that's against the rules). Please note that I'll sell it directly and cancel the auction to anyone who can come close to my BIN figure... Feel free to get in touch at Me ...

This is my November 1995 Sadowsky four string Standard, fretted J bass. It's finished in '59 tobacco sunburst. It has a solid swamp ash body (not the newer chambered body) with an absolutely stunning quilted maple top. The fretboard is Pau Ferro or as it's also commonly called Morado. It has the Sadowsky dual (hidden) coil hum cancelling pickups and it's been finished off with custom ordered black hardware. Of course it has the on-board Sadowsy pre-amp. The serial number is #2151 and it is in stunningly original condition with absolutely no modifications.

Yes, this is the very same bass that sells for between $3,500 - $3,800 US$, depending upon the pickups and options that you choose if you're looking to get it brand new from Sadowsky direct.

The tone and playability of this baby is phenomenal. By tweaking the pre-amp you can a great mix of tones, everything from a vintage jazz through to a clean, crisp, clear, completely current sound and vibe with tons of thump and bite.

This bass is in AMAZING shape! It has been absolutely babied. I'd give it a 9.8 out of 10 because of a few minor marks that you can't even see unless you're looking VERY closely. This is so close to mint that it's unheard of to find a '95 in this shape and condition. Like most Sadowsky's it's light, resonant and comfortable to play.

Don't get me wrong, I love this bass. It was used on several recordings and was one of my main gigging basses. The ONLY reason that I'm selling it is because I just put down my deposit on a Sadowsky PJ and now I have to pay for it. With 2 kids in daycare, mortgage and car payments there's no way I can rationalize to my wonderful wife that I'll be bringing another bass guitar into the house. So unfortunately this has to go to fund the acqusition of the '98 PJ.

It comes in the original form fitting Sadowsky case - the earlier version that zips up and has reinforced, flexible cloth handles. I guess you could call it the original hard shell case or OHSC because it certainly isn't a gig bag and it does provide a ton of protection.

I've had a whack of basses, everything from a Fender Jazz, a Precision, a Tele bass, a couple of models of Rickenbacker 4001, a 4002 and a 4005 (still have the Rics because I LOVE them too!), a Pedulla MVP, a Paul Reed Smith or PRS Bass IV, 2 x Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray and a Gibson EBO or EB0. This Sadowsky is one of the finest examples of an easy playing, great sounding guitar that simply screams craftsmanship.

Feel free to let me know if you'd like to see additional photos or if you have any questions.

OK, here are the rules... If you have less than a feedback rating of 10, please contact me with your details before you bid because if you don't, I'll cancel your bid. I will sell this to anyone who can get AUTHORIZED payment here with the usual exceptions (Russia, Indonesia, many African countries, etc.). The buyer is responsible for all of the shipping costs - you choose the method of delivery and cover that plus my cost for the packing material cost - that simple!

Please also understand that I have listed this bass for sale on several other boards and bass guitar websites. I reserve the right to cancel this auction and sell it elsewhere if someone from one of the other sources meets my Buy It Now price.

Attached Files:

2. Cory

May 16, 2004
    I am amazed that right after I post a question about how a bass like this would sound, I notice this post. Wow. How does this sound compared to an ash body and a maple neck? Any help here would be appreciated. I am thinking on renecking one of my Sadowsky's to this exact configuration!