Sadowsky 7 Day Trial

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Bassconbeatz, Mar 5, 2005.

1. Bassconbeatz

Bassconbeatz Way down low Supporting Member

Feb 5, 2004
    Porter Ranch, CA
    Hello Everyone,

Long time member first time post. I've just placed an order for a Sadowsky NYC 24 Fiver. Pretty excited. Has anyone out there ever ordered and returned before trial period ended. I'm just curouis.

New Bass Spec:
    Ebony Fretted board
    5 String
    AAAAA Top Flamed Maple
    Gold hardware
  2. burk48237

burk48237 Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI
    No, those people have all been "Istitutionalized" or they moved on to careers as major recording label talent scouts, nope, none of those people on talk bass. But many people have promptly ordered another Sadowsky, because you can't be satisfied with just one! Congrats, We will want to see pictures.
  3. Bassconbeatz

Bassconbeatz Way down low Supporting Member

Feb 5, 2004
    Porter Ranch, CA
    Thats great to hear. I'm hoping to get a picture of the body before it gets painted. Kevin is a pretty cool guy over a Sadowsky Central.
  4. Doug Parent

Doug Parent Supporting Member

May 31, 2004
    San Diego, Ca.
    Dealer Nordstrand Pickups.
    Ha! Amusing! wish I would have posted that. Although I admire Rodgers products, I find it interesting to witness such responses as that. I wonder is Sadowsky players fall into a particular socio/political/economic/religous demographic?
    Is it time for a survey? ;)
  5. jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    i did.

waaay back when the shop was still in Times Square, my very first sadowsky was a 4 VJ, swamp ash body, maple neck. at the time, i had to pay rent, and had to let it go, needless to say, quite reluctantly.

fast forward to the new shop in DUMBO, where a PJ-5 caught me smitten. the rest as they say is history.
  6. JRBrown

Jun 21, 2000
    North Carolina
    I did.

I returned an VJ-4 last year. I couldn't come to terms with not having the pickguard. The entire transaction was hassle-free.

7. I did. I wanted to hear what a Sadowsky fretless sounded like before I purchased one. Roger had one in stock, I played it, returned it and ordered one to my specs.

Easy process.
  8. Hman

Jan 8, 2002
    San Francisco, CA
    I did :( I did not like the finish and sound :bag:
  9. MikeBass

MikeBass Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2003
    Ferndale MI.
    Artist: Xotic Basses/AccuGroove
    I didn't like my first 911 and took it back. Had it for 5 days. The dealership was cool about it. I really wanted the GT2 instead of the Turbo S. Most of the time when your spending a few bucks, be it basses or cars, the company knows that your going to have to live with it a little at first.
    Just like mine, cept mine is atlas grey.

Not everything nice is well.....nice.
    I had a Sadowsky Modern5 fretless that I tried to love, but it didn't quite get there from me.
  10. spc

Apr 10, 2004
    South of Boston
    Jeff R, what type of fretless did you order? I'd like to hear some details, I can't seem to find too much info on fretless sadowskys...
  11. Nice car, man!

Let's see...... Porsche.....Fodera. I get the picture. ;)
  12. Ari

Dec 6, 2001
    JRBrown> Was it because of looks or playability? I have had two 24F 5 string fretted in the past, and I couldn't be comfortable when slapping, because of the lack of pickguard. On my fretless that's fine since I never slap on it, but on a fretted bass I prefer having less space between the body and the strings.

Hman> which one was it?

MikeBass> you have a GT2? That's an awesome machine! But it is said to be really tricky at the limit... and when it's wet it's better to leave it in the garage isn't it? :D
  13. Yes ,three times but not abusively: 2 of the 3 times it led to a custom order from Sadowsky.
  14. JRBrown

Jun 21, 2000
    North Carolina
    Playability. I prefer pickguards on bolt-on basses. It minimizes the string-to-body distance under the G. This is the bass (I would never put a pickgaurd on a quilt this nice):

Attached Files:

• sad1.jpg
      File size:
      63.9 KB
  15. Mine is a 24F with EMG soapbars, wound to Roger's specs. The fretboard is ebony coated with polyester. The bass is very easy to control in that it sounds like a fretless when you want it to but you can also get a solid fretted type sound when you want. It sounds great in a mix - it does not call attention to itself, like the Zon fretlless basses I have owned (not a bad thing, just not what I wanted in a fretless).

Any other questions, let me know!

Oh, and the obligatory pic...

16. Craig Garfinkel

Craig Garfinkel

Aug 25, 2000
    Hartford, CT
    Endorsing Artist: Sadowsky Guitars
    Has you fooled too, eh? I think it's great that Roger is willing to hire an ex-con. After all, you can't hold a couple stretches at the state pen against somebody forever...the indiscretions of youth, as it were. I mean, I've seen pictures of the girls and to me they both look at least 17.

Just kidding!!!!

Kevin's a great guy (and a hell of a bass player btw) who I am proud to call "friend". And I'm not just saying that because he's smuggling a bass to me a part at a time. Thanks Kev... :ninja:

Roger has the seven day return policy because they really do want you to have the bass that's right for you. The reason can be cosmetic or functional, it matters not. If you're not 100% satisfied, than neither are they.
  17. Ari

Dec 6, 2001
    I agree about the pickguard. There's always the solution of "clear guards" but I totally ruins the looks IMHO.

18. MikeBass

MikeBass Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2003
    Ferndale MI.
    Artist: Xotic Basses/AccuGroove
    Jeff>SWEEEEEEETTTTTTTT bass!!!!!!!!!!

The Porche thing was an inside joke for burk..........
    Hell, I drive a freakin' Honda Element for Gods sake!!! Porche......I WISH!!!!!!!!!!!!! But the GT2 is a baaaaaad machine. I did get the chance to drive one when I was in Germany. It's by far my favorite car hands down.
    It really does feel like an extension of you.

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

If you just cant fall in love with the bass within 7 days send it back get another bass or your money. :)

Just remember PLEASE NOTE: We want your instrument to be perfect in every way. Effective 1/1/05 we are leaving the protective film on the pickguards of all vintage-style instruments. If the pickguard appears "faded" or doesn't "pop" in the photos, it is because of this reason. We request that when you receive your instrument, that you please leave the protective film on the pickguard during the 7-day approval period or until you are sure you will be keeping the instrument.- From the Sadowsky site.
  20. burk48237

burk48237 Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI
    Mike, I must admit you had me going, I almost respected you when you said you owned a GT2. But, I was like, a Honda Element and a GT2 (different demographic!). I did see a bumper sticker on a GT2 in Birmingham (upper classmotown suburb) it said "my other car is a Honda Element" I'l probably see you arround lowdown sometime today, if you don't roll the porsche on the way to the store,