1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Sadowsky and 78 p bass soundclips

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by momo, Apr 17, 2006.

1. momo

momo

Oct 22, 2005
    Huntington Beach, CA
    But the condition is that you have to go on myspace to listen to them. I know lots of people hate that page, so I understand if you want nothing to do with it.

Anyhoos, here is the link
    http://www.myspace.com/thekingjamesorchestra

"Never wanted you around" is a Sadowsky NYC modern 5 that belongs to the engeneer. Steel rounds, through an aggie tube DI and some other studio mystery toys.

"Enough" is my beloved 78 p with D'adarrio flats and the origional foam bridge cover/mute.

If you want to hear the diversity of a good P, here are some songs with the same P, with fresh blue steel rounds,
    http://www.myspace.com/kamasgroove
    "the garden"

If you want to comment on the songs as well, feel free, but please understand that I am not trying to promote myself here, just offering some sound samples.

Thanks!!

2. momo

momo

Oct 22, 2005
    Huntington Beach, CA
    A gentle bump for those asking about what these basses sound like in a mix.

I'll only bump it once if no one responds. I promise.

3. anonymous278347457

anonymous278347457 Guest

Feb 12, 2005
    cool band:D

4. Steve

Steve

Aug 10, 2001
    That IS cool stuff.

I'm not sure a Modern 5 would have been my tonal choice for that style of music but I usually hear a fretless in my head for that kind of acoustic/indie/art music.

It always cracks me up when people call Fenders one trick pony's when the tonal spectrum of various recording of them is just...huge.

5. momo

momo

Oct 22, 2005
    Huntington Beach, CA
    We went with the Sad for that song because I only brought my P to the studio, and It had flats on it at the time. I would have liked to use my jazz, but the sad worked out well.

I don't care if it is a one trick pony, as long as it is a trick that keeps working every time.