1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Sadowsky and Markbass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by number six, Oct 31, 2010.

1. Hi,

I've a J5 with a PJ4 on order and have just invested in some Markbass gear - an LM Tube head with Club 2x10 and a 1x15 on the way.

How do other TBers find the combination of Sadowsky basses and MB gear?

What about 'B' strings?

Any opinions on 10", 12" or 15" speakers?

Cheers.

2. Dan Knowlton

Dan Knowlton Sarcasm: Just ONE of the many services I offer! Supporting Member

Aug 12, 2002
    Palm Coast, FL
    I'm sure that those that have this combination just open their eyes and look where they put the equipment - and they find it! :D

If you want to know about how the combination sounds - that is a personal preference and should sound great.

Dan K.

3. THORRR

THORRR Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2010
    Parker, Colorado
    I use a MB Littlemark III with 2 B410 Neos from Avatar and Fender Jazz basses. The result is nothing short of stunning, awesome, (fill in here with words denoting spectacular) sounds.

In fact, here on TB, I have trouble communicating just how good and flexible it is. Maybe I've just become an expert at using my tone controls on both the amp and guitar but I'm telling you it's a fabulous combination.

I know I know, the naysayers out there will tout their own favorite amp combination, and I understand that - it's okay with me if they like something else better. Just don't diss me for liking mine.

:hyper::bassist::D

4. Infidelity

Infidelity Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2010
    Melbourne, FL
    PM KJung he's the guy!

I'm an owner of LMIII paired with HT112 and of couse a Sadowsky I totally love this rig with amp set flat and a little bass boost on Sadowsky it will get you a long way.

5. Chasarms

Chasarms Casual Observer

May 24, 2001
    Saint Louis, MO USA
    There are several TBers using the F1/F500 head with Sadowsky basses. I was included in that group until I parted with Sadowskys. I think they sound great together.

6. I have a MB LMK which is the same as the LM II only with 2 channels. All I know is the Sadowskys sound killer through the MarkBass head and Bergantino AE cabs. Tried that combo at Bass Gear Direct and the Sadowsky just sounded so full, punchy with just the right amount of edge which I would imagine will give my sound good presence in a mix without stepping on any of the other instrument's toes.

7. Musicfreak1988

Musicfreak1988

Feb 2, 2005
    Belgium
    I use 2 Sadowsky basses through a MarkBass F500 and a Berg AE410 (and a Schroeder 15+L for smaller venues). Couldn't be happier.