Sadowsky Bass of Your Dreams!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by michele, Jan 11, 2005.

1. michele

michele Supporting Member

Apr 2, 2004
    Ok guys,
    this thread is dedicated to all the Sadowsky owners and fans.
    Imagine you can have Roger making a custom bass for you ... I mean you have the opportunity to have something slightly different from what's normally offered, so come on!! You can ask what your heart desire BUT REMEMBER're a Sadowsky fan, you're in love with the Sadowsky sound & feel so, basicly, the bass got to be "a Sadowsky" - you can't start a revolution ...
    Here are some rules:
    1. Design:
    - You can have little modifications or improvements (deeper cutaways, extended fingerboard, ramps, thumbrest, matching control cavity plate, wooden knobs, etc) but the bass gotta have a Sadowsky body shape;
    - You can have asimmetric neck profiles;
    - You can't modify the headstock shape.
    2. Electronics:
    - You can have everything as far as pickups number, type and position but you can't go with other manufacturer's pickups ... it's not fair!;
    - The preamp got to be the Sadowsky one (hey ... you LOVE that sound!);
    3. Woods and colours:
    - You can have your favourite selection of woods.
    - You can have custom colours (but ... be tasteful!).

Oh ... you can have maximum 6 strings (the world doesn't need another Bill Dickens)!
    Well ... Sadowsky maniacs out there... have fun!!!

Oops ... I almost forgot mine:

A Sadowsky PJ fretless with:
    - swamp ash chambered body with an exibition grade exotic wood top (let's say buckeye burl or redwood lace burl), natural finish;
    - classic Sadowsky J body shape but with a deeper cutaway in the lower horn (like a Fodera Emperor);
    - maple neck, ebony fingerboard, black tuning machines;
    - ebony bridge (something like an F bass bridge) string through;

Very simple, very classy ...
  2. peabody

peabody Supporting Member

Oct 31, 2002
    La Crosse, WI
    I already have mine. I have very simple tastes. Dreams do come true!
  3. I have my two Sad basses that were dreams come true :ninja: and may order a third with an unusual wood top.
  4. michele

michele Supporting Member

Apr 2, 2004
    Come on, guys ... I'll kill for my NYC but let your imagination fly! ;)
  5. Bennet Pullen

Bennet Pullen

Aug 31, 2003
    Seattle, WA
    ok 24 fret 6 string
    Ash Body, natural, with ebony(wood) pickguard
    Wenge/Maple Neck, 35 inch scale
    flamed Maple fingerboard with ebony block inlays and binding, no radius ( or very little)
    would like to have ash vaneer on the headstock to match the body, and ebony binding on the headstock as well as the fingerboard
    I want the Jazz pickups from the 21 fret model, with ebony covers, knobs made from maple, and an ash cavity cover, with matching grain to the back.
    Black hardware, but with maple tuning keys
    spacing at the bridge should be 20mm and I want tight spacing at the nut.

thats it, A little crazy, but cool I think
  6. JRBrown

Jun 21, 2000
    North Carolina
    I'd love to have this one:

Vintage ash/maple P4 w/J in trans white.!

:meh: Guess I'll add this to my avatar tonight.

Attached Files:

7. Matt R Miller

Matt R Miller

Apr 27, 2003
    mine would be:
    5 string vintage jazz
    tuned E A D G C
    fretless ebony board
    highly figured koa top
    matching headstock :bassist:
  8. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

I'm hoping the P5 I ordered will be my go-to bass. But I'm still counting the months until that arrives :( so I'll dream up a sister bass.

Ok, I would like a 5-string version of this bass:

...except that it will have maple fingerboard, black pickguard, and the body finish will be aged butterscotch, like a '51 P-bass I once got to play. I'd also like it relic'd.

Oh yeah: most important of all, it will have a big fat neck profile, maybe even a "V" contour (even though V necks didn't happen until the mid 50's). As part of the relic process, the finish will be removed from the back of the neck so it's nice and grungy and slippery smooth.
  9. Doug Parent

Doug Parent Supporting Member

May 31, 2004
    San Diego, Ca.
    Dealer Nordstrand Pickups.
    35" scale
    Ash body
    Maple neck
    Maple board
    Nice top.
    zero fret
  10. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    I'd be happy with either one of these..

11. bikeplate

bikeplate Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2001
    Upstate NY

I'd like to get a replica of a '51 like Roger built for Tom Hamilton. I know there is a pic floating around for it somewhere. Here is the 5 the shop built for me last year

12. jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    yea, me too, i've got 3 sad's of my dreams. so its hard to be happier with anything else.

but a PJ style pickup on a modern 5 would be pretty cool. 5AAAA birdseye maple top, regular maple neck/fingerboard, black hardware.

sounds plain, but i'm not a flashy kinda cat, anyways.
  13. Lockout

Dec 24, 2002
    I think my dream Sadowsky would be the 24-fret fiver next to the logo on the Sadowsky homepage, except with a Rosewood fretboard and matching headstock. I love that color. :)
  14. pistoleroace

Sep 13, 2002
    This was the one, at least until it recently sold. :crying:

Attached Files:

15. I've already had my "Dream Sadowsky" built... twice!

Buckeye Burl #001
    Spalted Fretless #001
  16. craigers2

Sep 26, 2001
    your two basses are unbelievable!

i love my 4-string Flame Maple top, but would kill for your Buckye Burl 5. that is my all-time favorite.
  17. [​IMG]

Here are my two Sads. Stopped dreaming a while. The PJ is my favorite of all time.
  18. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    IMO, people go to Roger because they know he builds the best Fender inspired instrument on the market.

If I wanted something different, I'd Call Carey Nordstrand of Chris Benevente (1st 2 names that came to mind). I think that I'm gonna have Carey build me a nice NJ4 very similar to my Sadowsky 24 fret JJ5.
  19. Wow, Nino goin Nordstrand... you'd have to do me a personal favor though and get the five. S.I. is the closest a Nordstrand will ever be to me and Im a five man, so it only makes sense... :smug:
    btw did you ever get my PM?

Steve Q
  20. I love my '95. And since it's so great, in fact almost perfect (if only it had a maple fretboard) that I'd want to get something else equally as good.

That's why I'm having a Marchlewski made!